24

Jimin pov

Nearly three weeks had passed since he pulled me out of a freezing river.

That night seemed like a lifetime ago.

he had spent every night in my bed since then.

He'd show up at my place sometime around midnight and he'd leave before the sun rose the next morning.

It took several days before I realized he was trying to avoid being seen coming and going from my place.

It hurt when the realization hit.

I hadn't said anything about it.

I knew he wasn't ready to come out.

I knew it as soon as he told me that he was gay, and it hadn't stopped me from hooking up with him that night.

It shouldn't have hurt, but it did.

I'd convinced myself that our stolen moments together were enough.

The truth was, every minute I spent with him felt so damn right that I didn't care about the rest.

In just three weeks, I'd felt closer to Jungkook than I ever had with Mark.

The sex was absolutely amazing.

It was as if we couldn't get enough of each other. But it was more than just sex. It was the connection we shared.

In so many ways, it felt as if we hadn't lost the last three years together.

We went right back to finishing each other's sentences, sharing secrets, and laughing like we'd never been apart.

So, I'd decided if he wasn't ready to come out, I wasn't going to push him.

It wouldn't even be fair to ask.

I'd told him that he should come out at his own pace. I couldn't very well turn around three weeks later and give him an ultimatum.

No, I didn't need to advertise our relationship to the entire world to know that what we had was real.

That's what I thought anyway.

Until I saw my Instagram feed a few hours later. It felt like every student from school was out blowing off steam that night.

Downtown was packed. It was our last night before the winter break started.

Jungkook was out with Joon at End Zone, the sports bar that was just a few doors down from Wild Orchid, where I was celebrating the last day of finals with the guys.

It felt odd that I knew Jungkook was a few doors down and we weren't together.

In just a few weeks, it had become my new normal.

Sure, we exchanged texts during the days. But other than that, our lives were completely separate until he showed up at my apartment late at night.

If I thought about it, things weren't all that different from when we were kids in school.

We barely acknowledged each other during school, but we spent time together almost every day after school.

The only thing that had really changed was that we were spending most of our time together naked.

A thought like that about Jungkook would normally make me smile, may be even laugh, until a few hours ago.

But things changed as soon as I saw the picture. It was Marissa.

A beautiful blonde from my Chemistry class. With Jungkook. His arm around her. His lips on her cheek.

I felt sick as soon as I looked at it.