43

JUNGKOOK POV

As soon as I had begun the stupid charade, I regretted it.

But to hear Jimin play along made me sick. His words cut like a knife and the tone of disappointment I heard in his voice made me want to die.

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was the twenty-dollar bill I given him sitting on the table in front of me.

When I looked up, I caught a glimpse of Jimin walking out the door.

My eyes shifted to Joon who was sitting across from me,He never looked at me like that before.

"That was a dick move."

"Why the fuck did you do that?" There was rage in his eyes.

I shook my head. I hated myself.

I couldn't explain it. "Go after him now, or I will." Joon's voice was both calm and eerily scary at the same time.

I jumped up, As I raced towards the door, I barely heard the exchange that was happening between Joon, Daryl, and Josh.

"You stupid fucking backward-ass hillbilly." Joon's voice boomed.

"Chill. I was just fucking around." Daryl laughed.

"What just happened?" Josh asked cluelessly.

As soon as I got outside, I spotted Jimin. He was about ten feet down the sidewalk.

"Jimin!" I called. He ignored me.

I ran to catch up with him.

"Jimin," I called out again.

My heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest. When I finally reached him, I grabbed his arm.

He flinched at my touch.

"Wait Just talk to me for a sec." 

"I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry Just listen."

"I can't, Jungkook Just leave me alone."

"Jimin, listen." I felt desperate.

"Please. Listen." He finally turned around and that's when I saw the tears welling in his eyes.

I felt like I wanted to throw up.

"I'm so sorry. I hate that guy. He's a homophobic asshole. I hate him, Jimin. I was trying to get him to leave. I just wanted him to leave before you came back. I don't know why I did that. I thought, if he didn't know we were there together, he wouldn't ... I don't know. Fuck. I'm just so sorry."

He shook his head. "It's fine. I'm gonna go."

It wasn't fine. Nothing was fine. "Don't. Please don't go. Finish talking to me. Please, jimin."

He looked up at me. "There's nothing to talk about."

"Jimin, fuck, please. You don't know. That guy—"

Jimin interrupted me. "Yeah I do know. I know him. His name's Daryl White. He's the guy I was telling you about. The one who stood out here and called us 'cocksuckers and faggots' and everything else. He's the guy that Tae pinned down on the pavement. I get it. He's an asshole. But none of that hurt as much as what you just did."

I looked at Jimin. I was over come with guilt.

It was Daryl who treated Jimin that way, and I just stood there and let Daryl fuck with him.

I didn't even take up for him.

It's official, I'm a piece of shit.

I felt tears running down my cheeks.