Epilogue

The wind still beat across the nice apron as I was beginning to taxi the plane out yet again. Ever since that war's end everyone has still remained on edge. After much counseling I have been able to get over a lot. Being able to move on and let that all go has really been a relief. As I started up the plane I felt a whole lot better. My new Cessna has taken me places that are absolutely stunning. Flying is my medication, a very effective one too. 

Since I was the female pilot that really did help in the war the cameras have not gone away. Thousands of people still want to capture the story of 'The Angel of the Skies.' I guess I can really say that I truly do not mind it at all. If I do say so myself I have given out close to five hundred thousand signatures. None of that bothers me because now we have peace and hope knowing that there is a very secure future. 

Spending forever and ever in the sky has been all I have truly ever wanted. "Marion!" Every single time I hear my name come out of Nicholas' mouth I get all giddy and happy. As for us two we are happy and thriving together. We are happily married and happily living. Some people didn't get their happily ever after, but we did. I will forever be grateful for that. It will always be Nick, I, and the skies. We don't want anything else besides each other and aviation. 

Maybe this war was there to teach each and every one of us a lesson. After all, doesn't everything happen for a reason? Yes, yes it does. This has not just been a story of love and hope, but rather, it has been a story of harsh understanding with a blunt epiphany. Don't be afraid, don't be afraid of the inevitable. It is going to happen. let us all focus on the immediate rather than the past. It is ever so important to use the past as a learning tool to guide in the present and build the future. Mistakes were never bad, they are meant to sometimes and most often have habitual recurrence to teach us something. Maybe that something is good, or maybe it is even bad. Whichever road fork it is, it's ever so pressing to comprehend and understand that change is the greatest thing in life.

After landing the plane I was met with the arms of Nicholas. "I love you Marion, I hope you know that always and forever." His sweet voice said as I stood there in his arms. "I hope you know that I love you too." He softly kissed the top of my forehead. Planes buzzed above our heads, but we hardly realized it because we were lost -lost in each other's eyes. Every second means so much to us. "So, what is next Nick?" I asked him. It took him a long moment to think of an answer. "Let's add more flight hours to your logbook. What do you say about that?" We both smiled knowing that answer was already a given one. My heart belongs to him and his belongs to me, but we both belong in the sky. They always say that the home is where the heart is. That could not be more truer in our eyes than that. At last we both have a home. I took one more look at Nick before leaning in to kiss him. Lost in the moment, but found all at once. Time slowed and stopped. This was it, our ending, but our beginning all at the same time.