XXIV) Nicholas- Flugzeug

"Billig billig!" I heard a man yelling in German. They had us lined up ready to go fight. Everyone is so sick and tired of this gosh darn war and so am I. There's no motivation left. Every ounce of energy in me is gone. "Auftauchen jetzt nein im Urlaub!" They wanted us to get up now and not over the weekend. There was no time to waste. If we waited any longer it could have blown our country apart. I took a deep breath as I sat down In my jet. It felt different -almost lonely. The heart that beat in my chest began to hurt as it increased in beats per minute. For a moment my mind remembered the story of the Berlin Wall. That's almost what's happening today, but half the world has been conquered by the communists and separated like east and west Germany.

The engines fired up like a charm. The adrenaline ran wild through my veins as I tucked my hair into my helmet. I am so sick of this war and so is the whole world except for the leaders of three countries. War is a sick thing. I tested the flaps and all of the gear to the plane. Germany always kept the Luftwaffe equipment safe and running.

Once my plane got into the air we were instructed to head east. I knew exactly what was happening at this point. Traveling over the border to most likely end up six feet under. I've always been in love with flying, but never have I hated it this much. Our Luftwaffe squadron was in the air for about two hours and thirty minutes. I was getting ready to land and refuel when enemy planes flew overhead. My fuel was dangerously low and we were dangerously close to Chernobyl. Just two days ago Russia, China, and North Korea threatened to bomb the place. Doing so would take out half of Europe. It made me sicker than a dog to think about.

I pulled on the stick which made my plane go above the clouds. I could be off radar for a second. "Nick!" I heard someone yelling over the frequency. I took a nose dive almost straight to the ground but pulled back up and shot down the Russian plane. I turned and shot another plane down. This time I hit the tail wing instead of the fuselage. My plane always found a way to persevere and so did I.

This seemed like the end when a bullet hit my plane, but I soon realized that I wasn't plummeting to the ground anytime soon. I disconnected from frequency so no one could hear me. They decided to station me at Chernobyl because the whole world is guarding that place. The three countries cannot have access to it because if they blow it up then the whole world is pretty much doomed. I know, it sucks all the way. Doesn't it just scare me? Yes.

I can say now that the skies look pretty clear. It usually takes about thirty minutes for the rubble and smoke to dissipate after an aircraft has been shot down.