I) Marion: Weak Case

I twisted my head around when I heard a male voice begin to scream and yell at me. "Get up you lazy little girl!" His voice tore through my heart like a hot knife. I knew something was not right. The sun scorched my face, which was partially covered by my wad of disheveled hair. "Get over here!" The voice called as I began to run. The man was familiar to me, but appeared different. This man had a very bad temperament, which was easy to see. Needless to say, I am stuck here flying dirty old rust buckets back and forth between point A and point B. I am stuck here dealing with some highly arrogant, toxic men that hate me. Being a female in a man's world -aviation- has been rough. I love flying so dealing with the men is nothing. Being stationed at a completely new base has been foreign, yet intrusive. The people here do not like me one single bit. The days seem to be getting tougher and tougher. I guess I can say that I have a little bit of comfort within the planes themselves. "Run faster!" The officer yelled at me.

I practiced and rehearsed what I was going to say in my head. Part of me felt confident and part of me felt like a disheveled mess that wasn't worth anything. The officers around here show no remorse, especially when they find out I am a female pilot. They seem to have a little tantrum when they find out the final beans that need to be spilled. "I am so sorry, sir." Was all I would spit out without sounding like a scaredy cat.

He looked at me with his pearl blue eyes. The uniform he wore was a black long sleeve shirt that covered down below his bottom. His pants were a dark navy blue that reminded me of the United States flag. His hair was a buzz cut that made him seem like he was on the way to becoming bald. He did look somewhat attractive, but his rude demeanor and defensive attitude just killed it all. "You were supposed to be here three minutes ago! The sergeant wants you in his office."

When he said those words I panicked immediately. The Sargent's office? "Oh, yes sir..." I couldn't sass back or else I'd lose my spot as a pilot, which would tear me to pieces. I also did not feel like doing push-ups. Who does anyway? Sometimes I felt like a glorified caretaker that held a driver's license -at least that is how they saw me. The officer looked deep into my soul causing me to blush a little. "Go! He's waiting. Don't be a jerk and go."

I wouldn't budge in my tracks, I could not physically move. My body began to tremble because I have no one. There is no one to save me or to bail me out of this. I was drafted, which means I was forced to continue in the war. I pretend to be all strong and confident, but deep down I feel like I'm nothing but a weak case. "Right, I'm sorry sir."

The officer began to walk me over to the office building on the north side of the base. His hand began to clench my arm as we neared. "Now, don't mess this up little girl."

My face had to have reddened at his arrogant comment. I could feel the fleshy skin turn from pale white to a tomato red. "I will not, please just trust me."

When he finally let go I could feel the blood return to my arm. When that occured it felt as if thousands of pins and needles were digging into my flesh. The officer nudged me into the sergeant's office and left. "You know..." the sergeant began. "With this war waging we have had to make some decisions. Open this letter because this is your call of duty. Go home, get ready, and get your butt back here to the base by tomorrow morning at 6:40 AM." Just like the officer, the sergeant had deep blue eyes. His hair is brown instead of black. He had to be twenty years older than me.

What does he mean by 'call of duty?' That's exactly the problem with this war waging all over the world. I've been worried about deployment for a while now. This just might be the end. "Sir, yes sir!" I responded as I shut the door behind me. The door made a squeaking noise as it came in contact with the lip of the wall. I am quite sure some individuals were very concerned regarding this matter.