XXIX) Marion- Shape Up or Kick the Bucket

"Hey! Enemies here!" Lieutenant Lovelock said over frequency. The feeling in the pit of my stomach got deeper as the sparks flew from the skies. These sparks were big ones too, as they completely lit up the sky in a blaze. Poor pilots were screaming over frequency in clear distress. "Lieutenant Wright, reporting in. I've got three locked and in sight." My voice poked through on frequency. "Hey! Don't shoot yet, Lynx." It was already too late -I had already shot. Two of the planes burst into flames while my eyes took upon them the inferno. It hurt so bad, seeing these people dying.

Planes flew by so quickly and my mind became numb yet again. The feeling of the numbness made me seem and feel like a complete psychopath. The tears were dry and my mind switched to revenge. There's no hope left. I'm already dead -dead meat. Fight me against that, will someone? My hand yanked the controls and flew the plane as if it was just a paper plane. The tears were gone and the hearing was out. I was numb, real numb. The anger was there almost making me want to just forget. I wanted to forget it all.

The blood seeped through my shirt as I accidentally ripped skin off on the side of the seat. The entire side of my arm was grotesquely cut in such a way I could never imagine. It didn't even sting. I was fighting off the monster, but that one already consumed me. I'm sick of this all, I'm sick of everything. I pushed a few buttons before I pulled straight up so the aircraft was going vertical.

I determined I would never get my happily ever after. It simply was too far gone. My hand outstretched as my plane flew through the flames. My breathing became deeper and my anxiety increased. The smoke filled my cockpit. Would I pull out of it? It just hurt too much. My heart hurt so bad. I stood still for so long and now it is time for me to give up. Somehow I knew it would happen. The plane's engines drowned out the noise coming from the other pilots. I took long and deep breaths. At that moment I forgot it all -forgot him. I was done for and this is the end. "For those who seek apathy shall not reflect just themselves, but merely the pure truth about themselves." was a beautiful quote that my mother taught me.

That was it... my last breath... of death.