Why?

Marionette shoved me aside, I hit the other side of the box wall very hard. Hard enough to make my head start to ring once again and make my vision become blurry. I heard the loud sound of the box lid being busted open.

"Marionette wait!!" I shouted, but I knew he wouldn't listen to me.

He reached his hand out to the boy and grabbed him by the neck of his shirt. It didn't take long for the Marionette to pull the helpless boy up in the air.

"Please wait!" I cried once more, before grabbing his Freehand and attempting to pull him back wards, but he didn't move a muscle.

The boy began to kick his legs in the air and pull away from the inhuman grip, but it was useless. Marionette had him and I knew it was impossible to escape his hands.

"Don't come back!" His voice sounded like a demon, and his eyes turned a dark and white color.

In a blink of a eye Marionette dropped the boy. He hit the floor harder then I hit the back of the wall. The fall had knocked the wind out of him, because he started to gasp when trying to get up. He stumbled on his feet and took off, leaving Marionette and me alone. My natural instinct was to try and see if the boy was alright, so I struggled to push myself over the large box. But of course Marionette wasn't having that..

He quickly scooped me up in his arms and used them like ropes, making any type of movements physically impossible.

"Stop!" I said while trying to pry his hands off of me, "I have to see if he is okay!"

Marionette sat back down and brought me onto his lap, Giving him a great advantage to pull me away from the wall and closer to him.

"No you don't." He said, while forcing my head to laid on his chest. "Now sleep."

I squirmed and wriggled for the longest time, but Marionette kept his grip on me. He let me struggle, because he knew I would tucker out eventually. Of course he was right, like always. I stopped moving and desperately started to try to catch my breath. I laid my head back on the Marionette's chest, I felt defeated and pathetic.

"Why?" I asked over my fast hiccups and breathing, "Why did you hurt that boy?"

Marionette pulled me closer to him, making my breathing shorten more. He laid his head on my shoulder, and snuggled with me. His heartbeat went perfect with his slow and steady breathing. He was warm and soft, I wanted to snuggle back with him so bad and something told me he knew that. But I knew what he was doing, trying to avoid the question by making me fall asleep. It was working at first, till I remember the horror on the poor boy's face.

"Why?" I asked again, my face pressed against the crook of his neck.

My eyes went heavy and I knew my body so desperately wanted to go to sleep, but I wanted to know.. I still couldn't help the long yawns that escaped my glass lips

"I- thought he was--" he paused for a moment and took a deep breath, "I thought he was going to take you away."

I laid my hand on the back of his head and let out a sigh. Once again he over reacted because of me..

"It's okay.." I whispered, "I'm not going away.."

"Good." He replied, kinda in a mean way.

"Why must you be so protective over me? It's not like I can leave.." I added.

I heard a growl erupt from his chest, making me want to disappear.

"Why would you want to leave?" His grip suddenly felt tighter.

"I-I never said I wanted to leave!" I was lying, I wanted to leave more then anything. Not leave Marionette, just leave the restaurant and see different people!!

He didn't said anything back. He only flipped on his side, causing me to also lay on my side while facing Marionette chest. Still had his arms around me, and without a warning I felt him lay his chin on top on my head. I felt like a teddy bear right now and He was the child.

"Just go to sleep, tomorrow we'll play if your good.." He yawned.

I closed my eyes and focused on the music, and without trouble I felt myself spilling away. Marionette had already fallen asleep and I was close to the same..

"All right men, you know what to do.." A man's voice was the last thing I heard before finally falling asleep.