LXXXII

TW: Contains depression, violence, self-harm. I was clearly in a very bad condition when I wrote this. I wrote this chapter about 2 months ago.

Grandfather stayed with us again. Barnabas   was so scared. He wanted me to stay with him. Grandfather tried everything to get rid of Barnabas. Why did he hate him so much? 

I protected Barnabas at all costs. That's what I was his sister for, right?

Barnabas was showering now. I stared at his lovely body. He closed his eyes in enjoyment.

'This is so nice, my dear,' he sighed. 

'Hmm,' I responded. 

'Why don't you come and join me?'

'Ehh… no,' I whispered.

Barnabas suddenly screamed. 'Hot, hot!' He backed away in fear. He turned off the tap. 

'Venus, he's doing it again…' he whispered.

I even had to stay with him when he was pissing. He didn’t even mind me seeing everything.

But once, it got out of hand. Barnabas suddenly got hit. He fell and was unconscious.

'Barnabas!' I screamed and kneeled down. I heard the noise of a gun being loaded.

Barnabas woke up, saw it, and screamed: 'NO! I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!' 

Grandfather smirked at him. 'First I’ll take your dick. Then your brain!'

'And my heart?' Barnabas asked.

'You have no heart,' he said.

I got so mad. I had never been so mad before. I ran to him, pulled out and punched him in the face. 

'Venus!' Barnabas gasped.

'Stay away from Barnabas!' I screamed furiously. I slapped the gun out of his hand.

'Bitch,' Grandfather snapped at me.

Barnabas was crying. 'You know what, grandfather? Do it. Murder me. I'm not worth anything.' 

'Barnabas, no!' I screamed hysterically. 'No! Noooooo!' I nearly freaked out.

Grandfather pointed his gun at Barnabas. Barnabas was about to piss his pants in fear. 

'Any last words?' Grandfather wanted to shoot him. 

'No!' I dove and pushed Barnabas away. I flopped on top of him and the bullet hit a vase.

I took Barnabas' hand and ran to his room. I locked the door behind us. 

Barnabas started to cry hysterically. He hugged me tightly. 'You saved my life…'

There was a loud knock at his door.

'Open the door! I'm gonna fucking kill you!'

'No need to,' Barnabas yelled. 'I'm already gonna kill myself.' His voice broke. 

'Venus, get out of here, please. Don’t waste your time on me. He did it. I'm totally broken…' 

'Barnabas…' I whispered softly and snuggled to him.  'I love you. You hear that? I love you so much. I can’t miss you yet. Hold on, Barney.' I placed my hand on his. He put his other hand on mine and stroked it.

'No. I'm sorry, Venus. I'm so sorry. Forgive me for what I'm gonna do.' He then rushed upstairs to the attic. I rushed after him.

'Barnabas!' I screamed. 'Don't do that! Stay here!' 

He was already on the roof of our house when I reached the attic.

'BARNABAS!' I screamed from the top of my lungs.