LXXXVI

Once, Barnabas was being interviewed for the newspaper. The journalist asked him questions about himself, our fishing business and our family.

'How would you describe the bond with your sister Venus?' He then asked.

'Good. Really good. She’s an animal lover. Once, she found a litter of kittens and took them home and took care of them… I guess she was around six years old at that time.' 

'And she's ten years younger than you, right?'

'Yes, almost exactly ten years. She was born a week after my tenth birthday.'

'How was it for you to suddenly have a little sister?'

'Well, I was surprised. But I was so excited. I still remember them telling me: "Barnabas, we need to tell you something. You’re about to be a big brother. You’re getting a little brother or sister". And I was with my mother when Venus was born. She was so small! And cute.' He smiled.

They also interviewed our parents. And me. 

It was put into the newspaper the next day. 

"Their parents married in 1737 and ten years into their marriage, their mother got pregnant with Barnabas. He was born in 1747 and ten years later, he got a little sister, Venus Naomi Collins, who was born in December 1757. They moved from England to the United States in 1760. They have since then become the most important people in history." The first piece read.

Everyone stared at Barnabas as we passed. 

He winked at a girl. She blushed hard.

'I would totally shove myself in that,' he whispered in my ear. I giggled.

I stopped hoping for Barnabas to come back to me. He loved Josette. Not me. 

Barnabas had found me again and he forcefully put his lips on mine. I eagerly kissed him back. I opened my mouth so he could kiss me even more firmly.

He slipped his tongue into my mouth and totally licked me off. I could barely move.

I once laid down in my bed. Naked. I called for Barnabas. 

He came to me and immediately fell silent. 'Venus, you’re not naked, are you?'

'Yes,' I whispered softly. 

He groaned in annoyance. But I saw him getting hard.

'Fuck, Venus, you know I can’t control myself…' he growled.

'Come and get it, daddy.' I motioned for him to come closer.

He nearly dove into my bed. He took his dick out and roughly shoved it inside of me. I screamed out and he smirked at me.

'So this is what you want?' He growled into my ear. I nodded. 

Barnabas leaned in and kissed me with a lot of passion. I moaned against his mouth. I removed his blouse so I could feel him against me.

I pressed myself against his warm body and he hugged me close to him. We both gasped as we (again) realized that we couldn’t resist each other.

'Barnabas… Marry me,' I whispered softly.

He kissed my neck. 'Yeah.' 

'What? Oh my god, really? Will you marry me?' I screamed.

'No, my love. We can’t marry.' 

'I don't care… I want to be together forever. I don't know any other man with whom I want this…'

'Ssh, now be silent.' Barnabas lifted me up and laid me down in the tub.

'Ooooh, yeah,' I moaned as he moved down on me. I knew what he was gonna do.

I closed my eyes.

'Venus, I have written a story,' Barnabas says to me.

'Since when do you come in without kissing me?' I respond.

'Sorry.' He puts his finger under my chin and kisses me softly. 

'I wrote a story about my experience in that box,' he tells me. 'Want me to read it for you?' 

'Yes!' I nearly scream.

He clears his throat.

It's so dark here. I don’t know how long it's been. I want to get out of here. Back to my beloved Collinwood and my sister Venus… I left her among those disgusting townspeople. She probably thinks I'm dead.

I should have never dumped her. I should’ve stayed with her. I miss Venus. Oh, how much I miss Venus. Her sweet brown eyes, her long hair, her sweet smile, her amazing body… 

Suddenly, the darkness is gone.

'That's all I have so far. And now I want to make love to you,' Barnabas whispers in a deep voice.

'How…'

'I want to fly off the walls,' he whispers. 

'Is that vampire sex?' I laugh. 'You can fly and can't feel pain. Unlike me…'

'Oh,' he sighs. It sounds disappointed.