XXXVI

Collinwood Manor, December 17th, 2021

Now I’m just bathing and thinking of Barnabas. I hardly think of anything else. 

Suddenly, I can feel that there’s another presence. I gasp when Barnabas puts his hands on my shoulders and begins to massage me.

‘Barney…’ I whisper. ‘That’s not necessary…’

‘Yes, it is. You look so stressed.’ his hands go lower. He strokes my stomach.

I can feel the tickles in my stomach. If he goes even lower, he’ll… 

He moves back to my shoulders. 

‘Not so tight, relax,’ he says. 

‘Barnabas…’ I whimper.

‘What?’ he asks. He goes down again, this time totally, and I gasp when he places his hand on my private parts. 

‘O-oh my g-god!’ I stammer. 

Barnabas starts to whisper things into my ear. And he just keeps on massaging my…

Oh fuck. No. Not here. Not now… 

He keeps on whispering with his mouth very close to my ear. About how he’s gonna take me and how hard he is right now.

My whole body tingles. I know this feeling all too well. I haven’t felt this in centuries.

‘Oh my god, I haven’t felt like this in centuries…’ I moan. 

When he slips his finger inside of me, my stomach turns and I start to grind on his hand.

‘Oh look, you’re gonna fuck my fingers,’ he whispers. 

‘My god,’ I moan.

And then I lose it. I scream out and he chuckles. 

‘My fuck,’ I sigh. ‘I haven’t felt this in centuries.’

‘You haven’t had an orgasm for three centuries?’ Barnabas asks.

‘No.’

‘Didn’t you masturbate then?’

‘I couldn’t,’ I whisper. ‘I couldn’t cum without you. Oh. Wait, I’m not dreaming again, am I?’

‘No. This was real. This IS real.’ 

‘Thank you,’ I whisper.

‘For what? For letting you enjoy again?’

‘Yes.’

‘But you’ll have to please me too,’ he whispers. 

‘I will, just tell me when you need it.’

‘You’re still as tight as you used to be,’ he tells me. 

I know his body by heart. His body is a sort of map for me. We’ve done it so many times. I know exactly what he likes and what he doesn’t like, and he knows the same about me. He knows that I don’t like to get called names while making love. And I know that he likes nearly everything, as long as he can fulfill his cravings. 

It sometimes made me laugh. Normally sweet and cute Barnabas, when he was needy, he was like a bunny, he wanted again and again.

I said that to him once: ‘You’re just like a bunny, always humping!’

I remember seeing two hares doing it. The one hare was sitting on top of the other hare and he was moving the lower half of his body very fast.

‘Barnabas, what are they doing?’ I asked him. I was around ten years old and I didn’t know what sex was yet.

Barnabas chuckled. ‘They’re making love, my dear.’

‘What is that? Making love?’ I asked.

‘They’re showing to each other that they love each other.’

‘Ooooh… And… Are they making babies?’

He laughed. ‘Where did you hear that?’

‘Uh… I read a book about biology in the library,’ I admitted.

‘Oh, you’re becoming a smartass,’ he chuckled. ‘Yes, they’re making babies.’

‘Look at how fast that hare goes!’

‘He must want a lot of babies,’ Barnabas whispered. 

‘How many babies can the female actually make?’ I asked.

‘I don’t know,’ he responded. 

Me and Barnabas weren’t that close in my early years. He was like mother and father, he “forgot” that I was there too. That was until he reached his adult years. 

I was eight years old and I was playing with my teddy bear. And then Barnabas suddenly sat down with me. 

‘Hey,’ he said.

I was surprised by him. But, as always, I gave him my sweetest smile and responded: ‘Hey, Barnabas.’

‘Uh… I wanted to say that… I’m sorry,’ he told me.

‘For what?’ I asked.

‘For… ignoring you.’

I was dumbfounded. Barnabas then pulled me close and gave me a hug. 

I was flabbergasted.

So this is what a hug feels like, I thought to myself. 

We have been inseparable since that day. Everytime Barnabas hugged me, I felt the love and warmth and compassion that I missed so much from our parents.