Chapter 37

hiiiiii

I SUPER DUPER APOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING IN A WEEK OR TWO

I did something so my tablet was stolen from me (stolen from my mom) so i literally begged my mom to let me borrow her iphone so um ye

HERE IT IS. I WILL TRY TO MAKE IT LONG FOR YA

Ps this story might end very soon.. in like 5 chapters left. *le cries*

Chapter 37

Alyssa's POV

A few days later the call, the police finally came over the resort. I knew it; they took advantage of me.

Well, that was what I thinking. When the police did come over, I was looking for him. And let's say I found him.

His appearance has never changed; except that he grew a beard and a moustache. but its not that long.

"D-Dad?" I asked him in a scared yet nervous matter.

"Alyssa. Hey." Then I suddenly felt all the sudden anger that bubbled up inside of me, and I punched his chest.

Juan Karlos stopped me, and held my shoulder, which made me feel calm again.

"All these years, you never even bothered to call or text, and now all you say is hey?! Dad, what happened to you? Why did you disappear from me and my mom's lives?"

"Because me and your mother is divorced! Okay?! I made a new life, I have a new family!" He bursted. My wide opened in pure shock.

"What?! Why did you leave Aly and her mom? They are great people!" JK shouted. My father glared at him.

"Who the heck are you and who are you to cut in me and my daughter's conversation?" Dad spat.

JK smirked, and stepped forward of me, in very close distance to my dad,

"I'm her boyfriend. And I won't let anybody hurt my girlfriend, especially to people like you. I guess that answers your question. Now please leave us in peace, and just investigate the crime, will ya?"

He says in a smirking tone, and we leave my father in suprise, his mouth wide open.

We go upstairs to my room (it is the girl's room, but let's call it mine) and we sit on my bed, inches apart, embedded in an awkward silence.

"Hey, you okay there?" He wipes my tears that started falling from my eyes. I didn't notice that I was actually crying.

"Yeah, I feel splendid," I say, rather sarcastically.

"No shit sherlock. I feel horrible. Do you even feel what I feel?! To lose somebody special?" I ask bitterly. "YES! I do! Goddamit, I do Alyssa!"

Well, that shut me up. He does?

"My mom died when I was beside her. Do you know how one day, she is wishing you goodluck for the audition, then the next she's saying goodbye to me for she will be gone, forever? You didn't even know how it feels! And then, it would be amazing if you had a father beside you, taking care of you, but no! I only had a father figure, who is my uncle. You're lucky you still have at least one parent." His shoulders slump, the corners of his lips frowning.

Why could I forget? JK has lost a lot. More than me. It is so horrible.

"I.. I'm sorry." I hold his hand. "No, no need to. It's fine. But thanks anyway."

"Oh, and thanks for um, defending me out there. I really appreciate it," I smile sheepishly.

"No problem love," and he leaned in and kissed me.

His lips reminded me so much of his broken past, and my broken present. If only we could stay like this forever, away from all of the problems that have been haunting us.

Alas, that is impossible, and he pulled away, left the room, and left me speechless.

~~•••~~

"Your full name?" "Uh, Darren Lyndon G. Espanto po."

Here we are, my father (not my dad anymore, since dad is more of a caring nickname. As if I care for that man.) interviewing Darren.

Renren really felt nervous, because he has never spoke to the police before, but I reassured him that the police are nice people and will not hurt others in any form or way. Well, except for one.

"Uhuh. What is your relationship with Trixie Leigh T. Morocon?" I just found out her full name now. But again, why would I? We are not in the line you may call 'friends'.

"She was my.. supposed girlfriend," he says in an untruthful tone.

"Uhh, yep. How did you meet her?" There were actual cameras and other people in here. I felt kind of shy. I hope my name will not be mentioned in any way.

"In a park.. Alyssa here is a witness." Then again.. Nothing is ever right in this world.

My father turns to me, his eyes having a displeased look in them.

"Err, Alyssa Marie A. Santiago," he calls me, my full name, which makes me rather uncomfortable, "please sit beside Darren here."

"Yes, Francis." I mockingly call my father's first name, that makes him furrow his eyebrows.

"Okay. So Darren here says you are the witness, or rather, an accomplice. May I ask, what is your relation to this boy, hmm?"

"He is my best friend, supposedly. Why?" I explain.

"No questions. So what did you see that this Trixie did that certain day?" "She just met us, that was all. Hi, hello, what's your name, stuff like that. Just very meager." I say.

Then the interview continued as follow, my father trying to learn about my personal life and me dismissing it. I won't let this person who I trusted learn any more from me.

The interview was finished. I was gonna go to the restroom when I walked through a corner.

And I saw, in that corner, my dad punching Juan Karlos on the face.

End Of Chapter

Yup. its a cliffhanger. bwahahaha.

Eat me, kill me, shoot me, do whatever you please. idgaf at all, okay?

I hope this chapter makes up the long delay.

Once again; I AM SO SORRY.

Yeah that's all for now. vote, comment, follow, even share, maybe?

It would mean a lot to me. thats all guys. byieeee :)

xx, Aya