V2 Chapter Bonus: Forest Matchets

(This Chapter plays during Chapter 2 of V2.)

Yang left her spot on the field with a sulking expression after her loss.

Yang: "Can't believe I lost to a little bud."

She got a pat on the back from the female twin.

Lara: "Hey, your sister was already way ahead of you in Pokemon knowledge. Don't beat yourself up about it."

Out on the field, Sun has taken Yang's place as Saph took on the spot for the referee.

Saph: "The next match will be Ruby VS Sun. Send out your Pokemon!"

Ruby: "Your turn Eevee!"

"Eevee! Eev!"

The Evolution Pokemon jumped onto the field and got low to the ground, ready for a fight.

Sun: "Alright Buddy, show 'em what we got!"

"Ai! Aipom!"

Aipom swung from Sun's arm onto the field and landed on his tail hand, his expression as goofy as ever. Sun then quickly got his scroll out and checked of Aipom's moves.

Saph: "May the battle Start!"

(Now Playing: VS Trainer XY OST)

Sun: "This one sounds easy to start with. Scratch!"

Aipom got off of his tail and ran towards Eevee, the tail hand raised and at the ready. Once close enough, he swiped with it at Eevee, scratching her across the face. She flinched at the move.

Ruby: "Hang in there, Baby-Doll-Eyes!"

She opens her eyes and looks Aipom into his own. Her brown orbs appeared to be larger and sparkeling and, for added effect, she wore a sad expression around them.

Aipom took a step back, taken by surprise by the sudden cuteness attack and felt quilty for using Scratch on her. There was a blue aura around him for a sexond before it vanished.

In the Audience, most of them are gushing over how adorable Eevee is while those not taken under the spell, i.e Ren, raised an eyebrow at the aura.

Ren: "Hey, Lara, what was that blue aura just now?"

Lara: "That was the effect Baby-Doll-Eyes have during a battle. It lowers the opponents attack stat, making physical attacks slightly weaker."

On the field, the battle continoued.

Ruby: "Now Quick Attack!"

The adorable face vanished just like the rest of the Pokemon as she dashed into Aipom head first in a blink of an eye. She sent him back quite a bit.

Sun: "Okay, that didn't work out that well. Let's try... Fury Swipes!"

Aipom got back up and charged Eevee again.

Ruby: "Try to dodge them!"

This time, instead of just swiping once, Aipom swiped at Eevee multiple times, each one being dodged by the fox Pokemon.

Weiss: "Eevee is very quick on her feet."

Lara: "Sometimes Pokemon will become a bit more like their trainer when they have spend enough time together. So it's logical that Eevee would be more quick on her feet because of the amount of time she spend with Ruby."

Yang: "So that's why she's gotten a bit of a sweet tooth all of a sudden."

Back on the field, Aipom was still trying to get a hit onto Eevee, but the results are all just misses.