V2 Chapter 9: Train Rush

In a cave deep underground, two White Fang guards are standing guard by some of the many ruined houses and some Boxes. One of the two turns to the other.

WF1: "Hey."

The other guard turns to his partner.

WF2: "Yeah?"

WF1: "Do you ever wonder why we're here?"

WF2: "How do you mean 'here'?"

WF1: "Like, 'here' as in this part of the cave."

WF2: "Oh, then no, not really."

WF1: "I mean, I know it's our guard duty, but why do we even need to guard this part specifically?"

WF2: "Uh... the boxes?"

He gustured to them with his right arm.

WF1: "Yeah but, there is literally nothing here. I don't even know what we need to guard them from."

WF2: "What about those weird smoke like Grimm. They give me the creeps."

WF1: "Nah, they don't attack us. And even if, I don't think that we would be able to do much against them. I saw Jeff the other day try and attack one of them, but his weapon just phased right through, almost like ghost."

WF2: "Or because they are just smoke."

WF1: "Whatever, my point being, the is NOTHING we need to defend from over here."

At that exact moment, something white and pink slamed into him from above, followed by something red landing on the other one. Soon after, the entirety of Team RWBYS and Doctor Oobleck have entered the cave from a freshly dug hole in the celing.

Ruby: "Great job Sylveon!"

Sylveon: "Thanks!"

Ruby in turn let out a sigh, shaking her head.

Ruby: "It's so weird to hear her talk normally."

Saph patted her shoulder. "You'll get used to it. Now let us catch some criminals!"

They went out into the underground village, their weapons drawn as they looked for any more WF members other than the two misplaced guards. It wasn't long before they found what they were looking for.

Multiple WF members are loading crates into a train. All if them acting under the comand of one Roman Torchwick.

Roman: "Come on! Come on! We will be done with this wagon at sunrise if you keep up the pace. Outside Patrol will be in a few moments. You may even get a treat if you hurry it up!"

Blake: "There he is."

Yang: "Alright, what is the plan?"

Oobleck: "Considering the large amount of White Fang members here, as well as our lack of rest and backup, I suggest to take the safe route of scouting out the enemy territory and then take out their leader first."

Ruby nodded: "Sounds good to me. Blake, you are the most stealthy of us, so you are-"

She was cut if by a loud noise like some kind of cry as well as a big purple something jumping out of the ground in her face, causing her to scream loudly.

Ruby: "AAAAHH! What the heck is that!?"

The jumpscare she suffered was caused by a big purple creature with two disembodied claws floating in front of it. It didn't have any legs or body for that matter, as it looked like a mass of something purple with a face and hands. And it was laughing it's non existend ass off.

Saph growled in annoyance. "A Haunter."

Yang took out her scroll and scanned it.