Grabbing my stuff and sitting in my parent's bed, it smelled the same as it did when I used to climb in their bed and listen to their stories until I fell asleep.

Before I went to sleep I called King's, from our home phone. It took a while for someone to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Billy boy hey, It's me"

"Ame, hey how are you, fly safely?"

"I'm good, a lot of emotions being here, you should visit sometime, we have a great basement for parties" Ame joked and Billy laughed

"Well I can't turn that down now can I. What are you doing tomorrow?"

"I'm going to be doing absolutely nothing. I'm having the day just to wrap my head around being here. I'll grab some dinner at what used to be my favourite restaurant. And I'm just gonna wander around a bit. London is beautiful around Christmas time."

"I hope we can celebrate Christmas there one year, the whole group together."

"That'd be nice yeah. Anyway, Happy early Christmas Billy, Your present is in my room, on top of my closet, as are the presents for the rest of the group. Give them to everyone for me tomorrow"

"I will, but we can also wait until you're back, you know?"

"I know you can. But I want you to have it now, It is Christmas eve tomorrow."

"Alright that's true but still..." I heard faint voices on Billy's end of the line

"Who's there with you?"

"Marcus is here"

"Can I speak with him?"

"Oh okay I see how it is"

"Don't be a downer, I love you Booger boy, now let me talk to my boyfriend"

"Love you too Amesie poo"

It was quiet for a bit before Marcus spoke.

"Hello bub"

"Hello love"

"I miss you"

"I saw you this morning"

"Okay, and? I can miss my girlfriend can't I"

"I miss you too boyfriend" It made me smile hearing his voice. I got so lucky.

The lovebirds talked until Ame fell asleep. Marcus noticed she didn't hum during his story like she had been doing and listened to her soft snores. He sat for a while listening to his girlfriend. He wasn't going to lie, he was very scared he was going to lose her. But he'd never tell her that.

"I love you Ame, goodnight," Marcus whispered into the phone and hung up, heading off to her room, and going to sleep.

ᵈᵉᶜᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ²⁵ᵗʰ ¹⁶⠘⁰⁰ ᵖᵐ

I spend the whole day inside and in the garden, reminiscing and reading my dad's journal. He'd written down everything, every day. About his search for me and his emotions. Even on the days, he didn't search he wrote down what he did. It brought a smile to my face to read about him meeting up with some friends and them distracting him from his search which by the looks of it completely consumed his life. He quit his job, just to look for me. That hurt. But I'm glad he did have some people around him, he wasn't completely alone.