𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒄𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

It was almost time for Ame to go, she was going to be having a girls night with Saya. When Saya asked her she thought it would only be Saya and her but Saya failed to mention Maria was also invited. Ame didn't want to go anymore but Saya convinced her it wouldn't be as bad, so Ame went along with it.

Ame still had around an hour before she had to be at Saya's. She was going to go to Saya's in normal clothes and when they returned she would change and meet Petra at the dance. If Ame was going to go to the dance, she was going to go to the dance in style.

After class earlier that day, Marcus followed Ame to her room and Ame cleaned the tiny cuts he had gotten during Mr Zane's class. Afterwards, Marcus had gone to his room.

Ame was laying on her bed with her eyes closed and her headphones on, she was listening to music. Ame didn't hear her door open and she didn't hear 3 of her friends walk into her room rather quickly closing the door right behind them closing it with the key.

"AAAHHHH" Ame screamed as the 3 boys stood laughing. "Haha very funny lads, scare me again and I'll cut off your balls." Ame threatened the 3.
"Ame we know you'll do no such thing, you are such a sweetheart you wouldn't hurt anyone," Billy said making the girl throw a pillow at him laughing.
"Now for real what are you doing in my room?" She asked looking at Billy, Lex and Marcus who all of the sudden looked very nervous. "We Uhm, we heard you were going to the dance with Petra  and we wanted to know if you are going?" Billy asked nervously. "Yes, I am going to the dance with Saya and I'm meeting Petra there, why? Is there a problem?" Ame asked not sure why they were making such a big deal out of it.
"You are bloody leaving us to go to the legacy dance, that is a big problem!" Lex exclaimed frustrated. "Do you not want to be our friend anymore? Are you ashamed of us because we're not from a legacy and don't have a crazy reputation?" Billy asked sadly, not wanting to believe his best friend replacing him.

"No, no, of course not you idiots. I am not replacing you with those pigs. I could never be ashamed to be friends with you guys. I am just as much a rat as you guys are, you might be idiots but I love you guys okay. You're more to me than just my best friends alright, you are my family, hell Billy you even met my brother! You know everything about me and my life! I wouldn't tell you that if I didn't consider you as family alright, so no I am not replacing you guys. Petra and I are going to the dance just to mess with Brady. I could never leave you."

They didn't respond, instead, they pulled her in the biggest hug ever, filled with love, she had never told them she considered them as a family before and for Ame, this was a big step, they all knew that. The only one who didn't join the hug was Marcus. He didn't feel like the rant was about him as well, as he only knew the girl for such a short time, he knew almost nothing about her past, it was surprising to hear she had a brother he didn't know about, yes they had gotten close over the last weeks but still, he felt left out.

As the three backed out of the hug Ame looked at Marcus, he looked sad. "Marcus, it counts for you as well you know, I know I haven't told you about my past but I will, soon. That you don't know doesn't mean I don't see you like family, alright?" She told him. He was relieved but his heart stung at the word family, hearing the girl he realised he didn't want to be her best friend, he wanted more.

"They can think what they want. I know they call me a bitch." Saya said as Maria, Ame and Saya were walking on the sidewalk.
"You are a bitch, be proud of that," Maria responded, and she was right, it wasn't a bad thing to be a bitch, it's a bad thing to be a bitch even to your friends and family, bus Saya wasn't. "

"People who proudly self-apply labels, like 'asshole' or 'bitch', as if it's a sign of their strength, are just ugly people, looking for an excuse to lean into their unpleasant nature," Saya stated, Maria and Ame, looked at each other before Maria spoke up. "Well, they all think I'm crazy," she told the both of them. "They're gonna think what they want, nothing you can do about it," Saya claimed.
"I don't care what they say. I just wish it wasn't true." Maria explained and as much as Ame and Maria disliked each other the girls respected each other. "You're not crazy." both Ame and Saya said at the same time, turning to look at the girl standing still on the sidewalk.