Chapter 29: The Dead City (1)

WARNING: In this story there exist one major jump in timeline, and this jump timeline will be the beginning of the true story. Heads up.
---------------------

2 years later...

Raging engine noises can be heard from miles away in an empty quiet street. Two heavy duty military vehicle can be seen slowly approaching the entrance of Anzu city. Dust and pebbles shock from the vibrations it's making in the road and in the roof of the vehicle one can see a lady standing supporting its body in the car's frame while holding a gun in one hand. Her facial features can't be seen for in her face bore a thick mask covering half of it and big googles in her eyes.

"Kelangan ba talaga ngayong araw na talaga natin to gawin? Gusto ko pa ienjoy vacation ko na ngayon ko lang natanggap simula ng apocalypse, bat dinala nyo pa ko dito. Naman eh." pagmamaktol ng babae sa kanyang mga kasama.

"You promised to come with us, your backing out now?" sarcastic na reply ng lalaki na katabi ng driver. Unlike sa babae, wala itong mask instead nakasunglass ito, you can see in his clean face which is unusual sa apocalypse na gwapo ito.

"Tumahimik ka unggoy, di ikaw kausap ko."

"You're mouth is the only thing that hasn't changed in you. Oh wait I forgot naging lusyang ka din pala. Is that why you are always wearing that thick cloathing in your face to cover it up." the guy cooly and mockingly said.

Nagitim naman paningin ng babae dahil sa galit at akmang sisipain nito ang lalaki when the car suddenly came into a halt. The girl was almost thrown from the car, buti nalang nahawakan ang paa nito para di ito malipad kung saan-saan.

"Get off, we're here." Maikli at medyo cold na sabi ng isa pang lalaki na syang nasa driver seat.

"Pero wala pa tayo sa loob ng city ah?"

The guy driver slowly got off the vehicle and signal his hand to the other vehicle that was not far from them. Then continued to rummage inside the car looking for his gun and preparing his backpack.

"It's dangerous to bring this noise inside the city. More noise equals more changers. Can't risk that especially ayoko makaattract ng mutants." sagot ng lalaki na di man lang tumitingin sa babae.

The girl nodded, tumalon ito palabas ng sasakyan at nagsimula na din maghanda.

These people that seemed to look like they are in the army based on their combat outfit but you can clearly see in their faces that they are mere teenagers, barely an adult. But the aura they possessed is that of a train soldier.

"Nga pala, hahanapin na ba natin sya?" pagtanong babae.

A moment of silence filled the air before the guy driver answered. "No, ang mission lang natin ngayon ay iscout ang city na to at makipagkita sa mga survivors to collect all the data they've gathered here for the past 2 years, ayon din sa report na natanggap ni captain from other survivors. We are not allowed to evacuate the people yet dahil di natin alam kung sino ang hindi infected. This mission is important so we better not mess up or we won't get another chance to come here again nor look for her." seryosong sagot nito.

"Okay, ikaw boss so masusunod po." the girl playfully replied and finally grabbed an axe. "Ready na po boss" she added.

Di nagtagal natapos nadin ang preparations ng iba pa nilang mga kasamahan at lumapit na ito sa lalaking driver na sya ring leader ng grupo nila.

Tiningnan ng leader ang mga kasamahan, "As always, keep in mind that this mission is dangerous and one might end up losing their life when we enter this city. Your life is your own priority so protect it. As much as possible we will deal with the changer without too much noise. Only fire the guns if necessary, Let's begin." matapos ng leader magsalita tumango naman ang kanyang mga kasamahan bago pa sila nagform ng line at maingat na sinusurvey ang paligid.