Chapter 28: Decisions

"V? V? HOI V!"

"Sorry ano yun?"

"Nasusunog na yung karne niluluto mo oh."

"Ay putek."

I hurriedly grabbed the meat out of the fire and set it in the plate. The smell of burnt assaulted my nose and I frowned.

"Sorry Zach I think I'll just cook you another piece." Plano ko na sanang itapon ito pero hinawakan ni Zach ang kamay ko sabay kinuha ang plato.

"Don't waste food. Kahit na sunog to, meat is meat as long as it's edible you shouldn't throw it away easily. Especially now that we're lacking with it." He complained before grabbing the meat and eating it diligently.

Hinayaan ko nalang sya at lumabas na ng cabin at naupo sa may gilid. Di ko mapigilan ang matulala at mapaisip na naman sa kung anong gagawin ko sa susunod na araw.

Hindi ko naman kasi mapigilan si Zach na umalis kung gusto nya. Wala nang mutant na nakaharang sa entrance ng city and I know Zach would be much safer if he's with the humans in the base.

I planned to stay here in this city to eliminate more mutants that is probably the cause of the zombie hoarde in my past life. If I can reduce a risk of that future then I'll gladly stay here and eliminate everything that harms them.

The problem is....

The door creaked and Zach appeared, I looked up to him and I frowned.

Yup, he's the problem.

I don't know what to do with him.

Should I let him stay, teach him how to survive and hunt mutants together with me which is super dangerous for him and he might die, or escort him to the base, give him to the humans where he can be safe for a while and risking my identity, getting me killed in the process.

I'm super conflicted. Since both options is dangeruos in their own way.

Napabuntong hininga nalang ako dahil sa mga ideyang pumapasok sa isipan ko.

"Bat parang problemdo ka ata V?"

"Mhm, I just don't know what to do." I hummed and rested my chin in my palm before looking far away.

"Just so you know, kahit ano mang desisyon iniisip mo ngayon. I'm not leaving your side, so you better stop getting conflicted."

I scoff because of what he said.

"Besides ano pang saysay ng pagbalik ko kung ipagtutulakan mo lang din naman ako. Do remember who took care of you." He said cheekily with smugness on his face.

"You seem to know what I'm thinking. How's that possible." I inquired.

He paused for a bit before sitting down beside me.

"Alam ko lang kung anong klaseng tao ka- I mean zombie. You're personality is easy to predict and you're not that hard to read."

"So what do you think my decision is mister know-it-all?"

"You're planning to stay, I guess siguro para ubusin lahat ng lahi mo." He smirked, looking at me.

I softly punched his shoulder and smiled. "We maybe the same kind now pero may utak ako sila wala."

"Hoi, obvious discrimination, may utak din kaya sila. Di lang nila magamit."

We both laughed because of his retort.

Tinitigan ko ng maigi ang mukha ni Zach. Compared to the rosiness and healthy glow he had the first time we met, Zach right now is like in a sh*t mess. Yung buhok nya na hindi na ata nakakaranas masuklayan para na itong pugad ng ibon, yung balat nyang malinis sana, ngayon dinededma nalang kung may putek ba sa balat. His eyes, his smell, his smile. Everything has changed. His goofy behavior, nagiba na din.