Chapter 25: Lost Memories

V's POV

I looked around and I saw a man and a woman standing not far away from me. They were both holding each other's hand. And they looked at me with their worried eyes. That made me wonder.

Who are they?

They reached their hands out towards my direction. As if telling me to come to them. But I was hesitant, should I accept it or should I run away.

My mind was telling me to go, but my heart keep on telling me to stay with them.

Para akong nilulunod sa isang kawalan na hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit ano mang gawin kong pagiling at pagpigil ng sarili na hindi iabot ang kamay ko sa kanila, ginawa ko parin.

Niyakap ako ng dalawa. Mahigpit na para bang ayaw na nila akong bitawan sa pagkayap. Kasunod nun ay ang isang mahiwagang sinag ng kung ano ang tumama sa aking mga mata. At nang mawala ito, apat na pigura ng tao ang nakita ko.

Dalawang lalaki, isang babae at isang batang babae. Nasa harapan namin ito. And just like before they reached out their hands telling me to accept them.

My eyes started to water and before I could react I was wailing in front of them.

Para akong bata na umiyak, I cried and cried and hugged them. My heart was aching from everything that is happening. And I don't even know kung bakit umiiyak ako ng makita sila lahat.

'They're safe.'

That was what I thought when I saw them. Hindi ko alam kung bat naisip ko yun pero relief flooded my entire being to the point na ang lahat ng stress, frustrations, confusion and hurt that I've kept inside me just burst out. Overwhelmed with my outburst they all hugged me tightly like it was a natural thing to do.

And in that instant a blinding light appeared again after a few seconds it subsided and when I opened my eyes I was surrounded with darkness, in front of me is like a big screen with multiple small monitors playing different scenarios. I saw this girl going inside some room with lots of monitor inside. This is papa's work room.

Wait, how did I remember that?

No more importantly ano tong mga scene na nasa harapan ko. I see my face in every scenario. The zombie apocalypse, me and my friends surviving. Defending the base, my friends dying, me dying. And my promise to the little girl.

And at that right time, my head was like pricked with thousand needles it hurt so bad. And everything flashed to my mind in an instant. My memory of them. My memory of waking up and trying to save them. Up until to the point of me almost dying because of that mutant. 

How stupid was I to lose all my precious memories of them. They were the reason why I survived up to this point, And I was even planning to go to the base with my condition. 

I closed my eyes and their faces flashes to my mind.

"Promise ate, susunod ka." Faith.

"V, don't go!" Myla.

"There's no time, we have to go..." Lucas

"No I will never leave you." Ethan

I'm sorry guys. I don't think I can see you ever again.

I'm now a monster.

I don't have the right to be selfish and stay beside you all.

Even though I remembered everything now. Does it even matter? I've survived but was turned into a ticking time bomb. I don't want to endanger them. And I know they are all safe for now. 

So what should I do?

Right, what am I gonna do now?

Am I lost again?