Thirty Three - Scarlett

My eyes fluttered open after what felt like forever. I sat up and began stretching as a yawn ripped out of me.

I turned to the side where Aleksander should be but his side of the bed seemed cold

I began frowning wondering where he went to without me.

I decided against calling him because he might have told me yesterday night and I forgot.

He'd start crying about it saying I never listen to him.

Once I brushed my teeth and got out of the shower, I headed to the bedroom, with a towel wrapped around me and a note next to my bedside table which I didn't notice before.

It must have been there before because the door hadn't been open. I picked it up and read it carefully.

'If you're awake go back to bed, your husband!'. The word husband was underlined which I found amusing.

But then it hit me.

The back massage, watching a romance movie while drinking hot chocolate and our cuddle in the bathtub with rose petals.

All things he did yesterday to make sure I'd fall asleep for longer just to distract me from the meeting we had today.

The meeting he promised to take me.

I ripped up the sheet of paper, anger behind my thought process and all I wanted to do now was fucking kill Aleksander.

I quickly made sure to get an appropriate outfit for a meeting and rushed outside to get my car.

I didn't even bother waiting for the driver and began driving straight to where his legal workplace was.

Of course he wouldn't wake me up. That stupid cunt didn't want me attending the meeting I'm sure of it.

Once I got there I marched to where the elevator as the lady at the front tried rushing to me asking if I needed any help.

I ignored her and the elevator took me to the conference floor. Once I located the correct room door, I took a deep breath trying to compose myself.

"Remember don't make a fool of yourself," I sighed, "but don't let him push you around in front of them."

Swinging the door open, I walked into the room and all eyes turned to me.

I kept my head high and looked straight at Aleksander who had a cheeky smirk on his face. "Can I help you, Mrs Petrov?" He asked, with innocence laced behind his voice.

"Can you help me? Help yourself because I'm going to fucking kill you!" I snapped walking towards him. "How could you?"

"Could you wait? I'm about to round up."

My mouth opened in shock. "No. Everybody get out." I ordered,

"But-,"

"You heard me, or do I need to repeat myself?"

And with that the 4 men got up and left, closing the door behind.

"Thanks for making a fucking scene." He mumbled, walking over to the door locking it.

"It wasn't fair that you didn't wake me up Aleksander. You promised that your let me join you this time. That you'd let me be useful. I don't want to be some trophy wife that just sits down all day keeping your bed warm when you're ready to fuck." I explained, trying to be calm.

"Sorry, maybe next time." He shrugged with a smile, walking towards me and kissing me on the forehead.

"But you always say that," I mumbled, looking down at the ground.