Nine - Scarlett

I couldn't do anything aside from thinking about my date with Dylan. My emotions from last night right after the date were completely opposite to now.

Had I done anything wrong? Or was I just overreacting?

Last night, he apologized for not reaching out to me sooner and explained he had been really busy with work. I was skeptical at first but after the date continued I watched the way he treated me and completely spoiled me.

Because of my father's wealth, I'm used to being spoiled so I wasn't going to turn down Dylan's offer to pay for every single thing.

Maybe it was my love language. Being completely and utterly spoiled.

Five minutes after I left the restaurant he sent me a heartwarming text on how much fun he had with me and hoped I got home safely. Then from then we were texting non stop for about an hour until he just stopped.

My desperate ass would usually have me double text him but my ego didn't allow it.

So I waited. And waited. And kept on waiting and as of now it's been 21 hours since he had responded.

Watch him come back to me and say he was busy with work again. I rolled my eyes at the possible lame excuses he could give me until I heard a knock on my door.

Once I let the person come in, it was one of the househelp. "Miss Salvadore, your father requests for your presence in his study." She informed me.

I gave her a small smile signaling I was coming. Hopefully it wasn't about the party I went to with Calvino.

When I knocked on my Dad's room door he gave me permission to come in. "You called?" I asked, entering.

"I just got off the phone with Tobias. He's requested you join him for dinner at his family's restaurant next week."

"No." I said, simply.

He looked up at me with anger in his eyes. But I couldn't care less, I had venom in mine. "I've already said yes."

"Watch me run away." I argued.

"Listen, Scarlett. I don't know how many times you want me to have this conversation with you. You will get married to Tobias and I do not care what you have to say. Too many men you've rejected. You should be grateful that men like Tobias actually want you."

"As if I want men like Tobias to want me. If you make me marry Tobias, don't be surprised if he unexpectedly falls ill."

He just sighed in response and looked away from me. "Why do you have to be so damn stubborn? It's how it's done in our line of business. Why must you be that person who wants to do differently."

"Because I have a mind of my own. I'm not going to let my father or my soon to be husband control my mind. If you're going to marry me off, at least let it be with a respectful man."

"No one else wants to marry you." He shrugged, getting up from his seat.

I rolled my eyes. "Bullshit. You're just too scared to marry me off to someone outside our nationality."

"You think the Russians will treat you better?" He questioned, before breaking into a fit of laughs. "The same basterds that killed your mother."

"It was an accident. And you don't know that." I mumbled.

He finally opened the door and pointed for me to leave. "You're going on that date. End of story and soon after your engagement party."

I left and made sure to slam his door. "Fuck you," I muttered, walking away from the room.