Twelve - Scarlett

Unbelievable. It decides to rain now of all times and my phone is dead. Just my luck. I chuckled to myself, shaking my head as passerbys looked at me in horror.

Just then a black car pulled up in front of me and I knew that car from anywhere. I started walking down the sidewalk hoping he'd leave me alone but he kept tailing me, making it incredibly obvious. What doesn't Aleksander want now?

I didn't know where I was going but hopefully I could get a bus stop to a store, buy a charger and phone for my dad's driver to take me home.

Eventually he was right beside me and rolled down the windows. "In." He ordered.

"Where did your manners go?" I scoffed, as I continued to walk.

"Lily or Scarlett or whatever the fuck your name is, get in. Please." He said, dragging out the word please.

"So you can kill me? Or have me as some ransom for my dad to pay? Not interested." I responded.

"Scarlett, I'm sorry for what happened, now please get in." He said.

Stopping in my tracks, I turned to look at him and he looked genuine. It was the same expression I saw when I first met Dylan, not Aleksander.

Reluctantly, I got in the passenger's seat and there was awkward silence.

"Scarlett," Aleksander finally spoke up.

"Shut up." I snapped, not sparing him a glance.

The audacity of this man to pull a stunt like that and expect me to forgive him? He has to be insane.

"I already said I'm sorry, but am I supposed to be happy that you lied to me and had an entire ass fiance?"

I just chuckled. "Like you didn't do the same. Aleksander." I said, mocking his name. "And I never told you I was exactly single, I just said I didn't care. Also, don't play dumb. Lying to you is not the reason you're so mad at me. In fact I think you couldn't care less about that. You hate me because our parents are rivals."

"You hate the idea you put your dick in your father's enemy's daughter. You hate that I actually made you happy and made you feel good only to find out you're supposed to hate me." I continued.

"Wanna know the difference between my hatred for you and your hatred for me? You hate me because you'd do anything your bitch of a father would tell you to do but do you want to know why I hate you? It's because you're a disrespectful asshole who makes me feel sick."

He grabbed a hold of my neck and increased the grip. "I offered to drive you to whatever filth your father lives in and you're talking to me like that? In case you've forgotten, I'm a fucking ganster who'd shoot your entire family in a heartbeat."

I began digging my nails into his arm. "And in case you forgot, I'm fucking Scarlett Salvadore and I'd stab you right now in a heartbeat." I snapped back.

He let go of my neck and I let go of his arm.

We were supposed to hate each other but this was making me feel horny. Hornier than it should. Of course a side of me was uncomfortable and hurt. I remember the way Aleksander looked at me when we had sex, and went on our first date. There was so much love and happiness in his eyes. Almost as if I was the most important girl in the world.

Right now he looked like he hated me. As if I was the most disgusting person he has ever met. And it hurt. Because deep down I don't hate him. Because of how he treated me before. Did he not realize I'm not my father? I've not done any of the bad things my father has done. Or did he never like me?

I began to think about Tobias and wondered if this was how all men acted. Like complete entitled assholes.

For the very first time I began to feel genuinely scared for my future with Tobias which is why a tear fell from my eye.

After saying all that you let him see you cry? How embarrassing.

I wiped my cheek quickly hoping he wouldn't notice but the moment I made a slight sniffle he could tell something was up with me.

A part of me didn't want him to ask but another part of me wanted to see if he cared. The other part got what it wanted because Aleksander let out a small sigh and asked if I was okay.

"No," I said honestly. "The reason I went to that club was because I was scared of marrying Tobias. He's going to treat me so poorly. I wanted a man who would respect and care for me. Similar to how you used to treat me. I went back again to piss you off by sleeping with Violet. I just wanted you to care about me."

I looked up at him to see a reaction but he wasn't even looking at me. He was looking down at his laps.

"I-," He began but cut himself off. "I'm also unhappy in a relationship. I came to the club that night to look for someone to sleep with because dealing with my fiance is a headache. But when I saw you I just. I'm not sure. You made me happy and forget about my duties in the mafia. I'm sorry for hurting you earlier. I was just jealous to hear you got an entire husband waiting for you. I wanted you to myself and I thought that meant making you so unappealing to Tobias it would chase him away. But I was wrong for that." He explained.

I was taken aback from his confession. I never took him as the type to talk about his feelings so freely but here he was. Having a civil conversation with me.

"And I don't hate you. In fact Scarlett, I could never hate you. So I'm sorry for giving you the wrong idea. Let me make it up to you."

A small smile made its way to my lips. "I'm hungry."

*-*-*

Yes this chapter was a bit short, sorry about that.

At least they made up right?

Don't really know what to say so... How's your day been?

QUESTION: ARE YOU ENJOYING THIS BOOK ON A SCALE OF 1-10 10 BEING THE HIGHEST.