Eighteen - Scarlett

"Scarlett, you should thank me," Tobias grinned, bringing his hand to my chin to make me look at him. "If it wasn't for the fact that I still want to marry you, you'd be in some serious shit." He cackled.

"I mean, what were you thinking? Losing your virginity to Aleksander Petrov? Do you think he'll love you more than I will? Do you think he'll treat you better? Do You think he actually likes you?" He questioned, making my head spin.

"You're really pathetic. I don't know how many times I have to tell you. I choose who loves you and who doesn't. You're nothing but my fucking trophy. You just shut the fuck up and look pretty. That's your worth. You're nothing without me. Understood?" He finished.

"Okay," I said.

"That's my good girl," He grinned, giving me a kiss on my lips. "Don't do anything stupid."

We walked into the hall hand in hand.

I hated this.

Every fibre of my body hated every single moment I had to be around Tobias. Obey him. Listen to his constant nagging.

And actually take this shit.

I stopped contacting Aleksander the day my father told me off. I wasn't brave enough to tell him what happened.

Surprisingly, he continuously texted me 'Good morning' every single day with a short paragraph reminding me he'd always be here when I'm ready to talk.

Strangely, reading those texts for the past three mornings are the only things bringing me sanity in my father's house.

Calvino wasn't allowed to see me until the engagement party and Antonio and Enrico were busy. It was either my dad's staff or my Dad always coming into my room before I go to bed telling me how many more hours the engagement party was.

He was just taunting me.

And it worked.

Tobias kept on showing me off to business partners and business partner's parents. Literally anyone he could find. And every single time he would give me a small kiss on my cheek while I gave no response.

Tobias prefered when I was quiet so with 0 remarks, he was actually quite happy with me. For once.

Just as I thought I was about to get some rest, Tobias's parents came over to him and I. Tobias' mom gave me a small smile and Tobias' Dad didn't even look at me.

"I'm so happy to see the two of you together. You look perfect." He smiled, giving his son a proud look.

"Took some time but I finally got her to obey me." He smiled as his parents laughed, although his mother's looked fake.

I could tell her and I felt the same way about the men we were betrothed to. Maybe her and I could be friends and plan Tobias and his father's murder.

Fun.

"Tobias, we have something to discuss." He said, trying his best not to be so obvious.

Tobias nodded his head which left his mother and I alone staring at each other.

"I'm guessing he doesn't let you speak?" I chuckled.

A small smile made its way to her lips. "Tobias is-, not the easiest person to get along with." She said, shyly. "I'm Luna. I'm so sorry you were forced into this."

"It's not your fault. I'm so sorry you've been stuck in your crappy marriage for so long," I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"It get better later on, I promise. Soon after you just become numb." She shrugged.

I could see the pain in her eyes, and the slight bruise on her face she was trying her hardest to cover with makeup.

"Luna, when we become in-laws, let's fucking escpae this hell."

She smiled, her eyes watering. "I'd like that, Scarlett."

Before either one of us could get a word out my father made his way towards me, allowing Luna to be excused.

He took one hard look at me before smiling. "I'm so proud of you Scarlett." He said, causing my eyes to light up.

As much as it seemed like I didn't care at all about my father, hearing those words for the first time made me so happy.

I forgot about Tobias, I forgot about this stupid engagment party, and I forgot about the wedding soon coming. My Dad was proud of me. Me!?

"Thank you," I said, not allowing myself to smile.

"Can't you see how happy you are with Tobias? The two of you are perfect for eachother. Tobias will create a much more powerful empire with your money and we will be stronger. Don't you want that? For all of us to succeed?" He questioned.

"O-of course, I want us to succeed." I said, after a moment. "It's not like what I really want is your main priority anyway." I shrugged.

His happy expression turned into one of anger. "Don't ruin it Scarlett. I said I was proud of you and now you want to open your big mouth and ruin it. If I were you, I wouldn't say anything to upset Tobias. You might think your father has a temper, but you barely know Tobias."

Before I could answer, we heard the sound of glass being tapped and Tobias asking for everyone's attention in a microphone.

Once the room was quiet, Tobias began.

"I'm certain all of you know we're here to celebrate the engagement between I, Tobias Esposito and soon to be Scarlett Esposito," He took a pause as he smiled at me. I couldn't even force a smile back. "We ask for nothing but your blessings and patients as we get the preparation ready to build a much stronger force together. To Scarlett and I." I finished as all eyes were glued on me.

Everyone around me began clapping and cheering for me and my head began to spin. All I saw were strangers' faces congratulating me, their 'well done''s clouding my hearing.

It was suffocating.

Just as I felt like passing out I saw a familiar face in the crowd, dressing his anger with a perfectly fake smile as he clapped his hands.

Aleksander Petrov.

The only man I wanted.

*-*-*

Ouuu, cliffhanger. 

Sorry for not updating on time, I've been stressed recently.

No question I'm on my period.

I promise I'll update soon <3