Twenty Three - Aleksander

I looked at the text on my phone from an unknown number.

At first, I was sceptical about opening it, until the second text read, 'meet me in my Aunt's restaurant, same time we were there.'

I was hoping it was from Scarlett but I don't think it would be that ominous. It had to be Calvino.

That piece of shit.

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts and when I said come in, my Mother and Father walked into the room.

Instantly, I knew my Dad was mad at me.

"Hi Mom, Hi Dad," I said, getting ready to embrace the shit I was about to go through.

"Don't 'Hi' us Aleksander. Don't you dare. Do you know what you've just cost us?" My father questioned, with rage in his voice.

I stood up from my bed to be eye level with my dad. "Enlighten me." I said, nonchalantly.

I could see his eyes swimming with anger while my mom just stood there silent. "Anastasia and her family were going to help us with an advantage to the Italians. Do you know how amazing it would be for us to be one step ahead of them? But you threw that away for a random girl you met?"

"She's not random," I muttered, under my breath.

"Random or not you've cost us so much trouble. Go back to Anastasia, apologise to her and her family and beg for her to marry you again." He ordered.

I looked at my mom who knew I would hate doing that and looked back at my dad who was awaiting my 'okay'. But instead I said, "No." firmly.

His eyes widened in shock and my mom's eyes were proud. "What?" He questioned.

"No" I repeated, having enough of following my dad's orders. "I don't want to and therefore I won't. It's that simple." I shrugged.

My Dad turned to my mom who was still looking at me with a smile on her face. "You caused this, didn't you? I'm sure you went to fill my son with nonsense about falling in love and now you've corrupted him."

"I-I, I didn't tell him to do anything, Dusan. I-."

"Shut up." He silenced.

"Don't talk to her like that." I snapped, finally defending my mother. "She's your wife, you know. And she deserves the same respect she gives you. And she didn't tell me anything. I'm just doing what feels right and right now, Anastasia feels wrong."

My father sighed and there was a moment of silence as he tried to analyse the situation. "You're not going to marry Anastasia no matter what?"

"Yes." I responded.

"It's fine. There are other dumb Italian familys that'll marry into ours." He sighed, trying to calm himself.

I walked back to my bed to take a seat. "I don't care about that shit Dad. I honestly don't even want to run this stupid mafia, anymore." I chuckled, shaking my head. "I just want to be with Scarlett."

"Who's Scarlett?" My mom finally spoke.

My eyes went to her and I smiled. "You'll love her mom. She's perfect. She's beautiful, she's funny, she's caring. She's everything I want in a woman." I gushed.

My mom's eyes lit up and walked towards me to give me a hug. "I'm so happy for you Alex. You found someone that makes you happy and that's the most important thing." She praised.

"Who the hell is Scarlett?" My dad questioned.

My mom pulled away to look at him and so did I. "I don't know if it's of any importance and I know you'll probably hate me but she's Roberto's daughter."

My Dad took a moment to think of the name and then his eyes widened. "Salvadore!?" He exclaimed, in shock and disbelief. "How the hell did you manage that? And why?" He questioned.

"It just happened." I explained.

He rolled his eyes at my short explanation. "Son, I can never hate you, but I can't permit you to be with her. Her family is bad news. They hate us and they've done terrible things to our family. We just can't."

"But Scarlett hasn't done anything. Look I know you'll hate the idea but here me out and think of it as a strategic move." I began.

"Scarlett's family is very powerful in the crime world and they're Italian. Two things you want right now. We'll have an advantage and expand our mafia. It's a win win for the both of us. Please consider it?" I pleaded.

"D-Dusan," My mother, began softly. "he has a good point. And he really likes her."

After a few more moments of silence my father finally spoke up. "Okay. I'll try and arrange something."

And with that a smile was on my face.

~

I walked into the restaurant that had a few customers inside, which instantly looked at me. I wasn't even dressed up today. Literally just a hoodie and sweatpants.

Scarlett's Aunt instantly rushed towards me. "Did you have to make a scene?" She questioned, irritated."

I rolled my eyes ignoring her remark. "Where's Calvino?" I questioned.

"Give me your guns." She said.

"W-what?" I questioned, shocked at her sentence.

"Give me your guns or leave." She threatened.

Reluctantly, I handed over my gun in my pocket and placed it on her hand, harshly.

"I said guns. Plural."

I slipped the two guns under my shirt and gave it to her. "Happy?" I grumbled, with a fake smile.

"And the knife I'm sure you have stashed somewhere." She added.

I got the knife from my ankle and handed it to her. "Now can I see him?" I questioned.

"He's at the back." she mumbled, walking away from me.

I walked to the back and saw a few chairs around the room and one of them had Calvino placed on them.

I looked at him sceptically and he looked at me.

"Where's Scarlett?" Was the first thing I could find myself saying.

He sighed.

"Under house arrest." He joked, with a small smile.

I gave him an irritated look. "Listen. I do not have to like you. And you do not have to like me. The only thing we have in common is that he care for Scarlett. So you better tell me she's okay because she hasn't texted me in almost 2 weeks and I'm worried."

"Scarlett's getting married to Tobias in 3 days and she's miserable about it. And on top of that she won't even talk to me. I know the only person she'll talk to right now is you so please. You need to help me stop this wedding." He begged.

My fists clenched and then I loosened them. "And how are we going to do that? Shoot Tobias dead?" I questioned.

He smirked. "It's an idea, but I have a better plan."

*-*-*

Alright, I can't update again this week.

I'll update sometime ending of next week because I haven't really prepared beyond chapter 25 and I need to make sure everything links

This update was rushed so I'll proof read again later or smth

Thank you so much for 10K reads <333

QUESTION: WHAT DO YOU THINK ALEKSANDER AND CALVINO HAVE PLANNED?