Chapter Twenty-One: Slughorn's End of Year Bash

Harry Potter and the Trip Through Time
Chapter Twenty-One: Slughorn's End of Year Bash
Book 1

Harry could hardly believe it when he woke up on the first of June. His first year in the past was just a month from being over. He knew that it was the first of many, but he couldn't help but be excited for what was to come. Of course, he missed how things were in the future, he missed the Weasleys and Remus; Dumbledore and his grandfatherly smile; Tonks with all her fun jokes and old slang; he missed his friends at school; he missed Hedwig; but he knew that what he was doing was for the best. He made his way out of the common room, passing by all the different groups of people worrying about the end of the year exams coming up. Harry couldn't find himself to care about them just as much as he did before. Ever since he'd come to the past, magic was a lot simpler than it was in the future. However, for Hermione, it was all she could think about. The girl spent most of her days cooped up in the library studying while Harry and Ron did whatever came across their minds to do that day.

Aside from that, the three of them did spend their days keeping an eye on Myrtle. Hermione had run into the Ravenclaw in the bathroom a few weeks ago, and ever since then Myrtle had become somewhat comfortable around them. She was much happier than she seemed in the future. While she did get upset easily, so you had to be careful around her, she was honestly really kind. She cracked jokes, helped him and Ron with their homework once Hermione had given up, and even confessed that she wanted to become a Professor at Hogwarts once she graduated. With every day that they spent with her, Harry found himself to be more and more surprised. The Myrtle that he'd grown to know for the past month just seemed so different from the Myrtle that haunted the bathroom in the future. He guessed death really changed a person. Harry sighed and rolled out of bed, getting dressed for the day. Exams were in twenty days, then they'd be back home.

"Ready for Slughorn's end of the year party?"

Harry looked over at Hermione as he sat down at the breakfast table.

"What?" He asked.

The girl gave him a pointed look, "Do you not listen during any Potions class? Slughorn is throwing an end of the year party for people in the Slugclub."

"I'm not in the Slugclub though." Harry reminded Hermione.

Hermione rolled her eyes, "Everyone gets a plus one."

Harry raised an eyebrow, "You want me to go with you?"

Hermione shook her head, "Sorry, but I have someone else I want to ask. I just thought that your boyfriend might have asked you."

Harry froze, "Y-You know who he is?"

Hermione grinned, "Nope, but now I know he's in the Slugclub."

Harry glared at her, "That's low."

"It's been a month since you told me you were dating someone." Hermione pressed, "You can't expect me to simply not be curious."

Harry had a very irritated bite of bacon.

Hermione sighed, "All I'm saying Harry, I want you to know that you can tell me anything. I wouldn't be here if I didn't care. Besides, it's not like I'm gonna leave, I'm your sister."

Harry put down his bacon, "I know... It's just... I feel like if I tell you it'll become this big deal. Right now, everything just seems so perfect, and I don't want that to change."