Chapter Thirteen: Christmas

Harry Potter and the Trip Through Time
Chapter Thirteen: Christmas
Book 1

Harry awoke the next morning, unprepared for what was to come. He knew Tom said he wouldn't let anyone know about what happened the previous night, but that didn't calm Harry's nerves. Though Harry was surprised to see Tom sitting on the couch reading a book while Hermion on Ron were bickering when he walked into the lounge. The boy took a seat next to Tom who looked up on his arrival.

"It's slightly entertaining to watch them interact now." Tom told Harry in a quiet voice, referencing Ron and Hermione, "They're not horrible actors."

Harry grinned, looked over at Ron who had tried to grab a chocolate frog from his stalking, and was now getting reprimanded by Hermione for trying to sneak candy of all things.

"They're not acting." Harry told Tom, "They've been like that since day one."

Tom hummed, "Then they don't deserve any credit."

Harry rolled his eyes. He grinned and went upstairs. Tom was confused until he once again smelled the faint scent of citrus shampoo, except Harry wasn't in sight. The boy pinched the bridge of his nose, and that was when he saw the slight imprint of a foot in the rug. He watched as the footprints crept towards the stalkings, noticed the disturbance of Ron's stalking, then saw the feet pause by Ron. Hermione finished yelling at the boy and left to go to the kitchen. Harry removed the invisibility cloak, surprising Ron.

"What the heck Harry?!" The boy exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Tom already knows I have this thing." Harry said, holding up the cloak, "Though we should probably hide it before anyone else sees it."

"Why were you even under that thing?" Ron asked.

"So I could get you this without Hermione noticing."
Harry held up the chocolate frog, which Ron grabbed.

"Thanks, mate." He said, unwrapping it, frowning, "Just Dumbledore again..."

Harry rolled his eyes and tucked the invisibility cloaks away. Moments later Hermione walked back in, Ron throwing his chocolate frog behind his back. Hermione looked at the two of the suspiciously, but if she had any suspicions she didn't act on them. Tom rolled his eyes and went back to his book. Ron pulled out his Chess set and challenged Harry to a game. Within minutes Ron had Harry down to three pieces.

"How do you always beat me?!" Harry asked, frustratedly.

"I can't help it." Ron smirked, "I'm just a chess master."

"You should've moved your Rook last turn." Hermione told Harry.

"No, then he would've taken it."

"He took it anyway! At least he would've been in a worse position after he got rid of your Rook."

"She's right." Tom said, "And you should've moved your Queen three turns ago, you would've still had it."

"Well if you're so smart, why don't you get your butt over here and help me?" Harry shot at him.

"I'm not entirely sure I can detach my butt from my body so you can have it."