Chapter Twelve: Home for the Holidays

Harry Potter and the Trip Through Time
Chapter Twelve: Home for the Holidays
Book 1

The next day, Harry skipped breakfast. He wasn't sure how he was going to face Rachel after what happened the night before. Much more, he couldn't take the questions from Hermione about why they disappeared all of a sudden. The boy hurried his head in his pillows.

"Harry?"

Harry looked up at the familiar voice to see that Harris had come into the room.

"Hey Hagrid." Harry greeted before plopping his head back down into his pillows.

"Are yeh alrigh'?"

"No, I'm not." Harry muttered into his pillows, "I'm an idiot."

"What happened?"

Harry turned his head so he could see his friend, "I kissed Rachel."

Hagrid's eyebrows furrowed, "But aren't yeh two datin'?"

"That's the whole point. I don't know if we are or aren't and I'm leaving tomorrow for the Holidays."

"Well, why don' yeh talk teh her?"

"Because, if I ask her about it and she says she just wants to be friends it'll be awkward."

"I don' think she'll jus' wanna be friends."

"How come?" Harry asked.

"She was askin' 'Mione where yeh were."

Harry was silent for a moment before he buried his head back in his pillows.

"I'll find her at lunch." He decided.
__

An hour later Harry emerged from his dorm, sliding underneath his invisibility cloak. He needed to clear his head. Harry walked carefully through the groups of kids as he made his way upstairs, walking all the way up to the Astronomy tower. Harry sat down by the edge of the railing, taking in a deep breath of the last bit of morning air. He looked out at the clouds, closing his eyes. He'd never felt the way he'd felt last night before, not with Cho, or Ginny, or Draco...
Harry shook his head.

"You come up here too?"

Harry's head shot around to see Tom sitting down next to him, a complicated expression on his face.
Harry remained silent and Tom looked over at him.

"I know you're under there Harry." Tom said, "I can smell your shampoo. If you plan on sneaking around you might want to think of changing it to a scent not so strong."

Harry pulled off his cloak, "I like how it smells."

Tom scoffed, Harry rolled his eyes.

"I've thought about your invitation." Tom said.

"Oh?" Harry asked.

The teen nodded, "It might be nice... to spend Christmas with a friend for a change."

Harry grinned and nudged Tom's shoulder with his own, "I told you you couldn't deny it."