Chapter Seventeen: A Secret to Tell?

Harry Potter and the Trip Through Time
Chapter Seventeen: A Secret to Tell?
Book 1

Rachel had started to sit with them at the Gryffindor table again from time to time, and whenever she was around at other times, Tom always seemed to appear as well. Harry wasn't sure why the teen seemed so adamant on hating Rachel, yet refused to leave whenever she was around. The situation confused Ron and Hermione too. It wasn't until one night in the common room that Harry realized what was going on.

"It's like he's got a crush on you or something." Ron had said half heartedly after discussing the topic thoroughly, "And he knows that Rachel and you almost got together."

"Don't be ridiculous Ron." Hermione said, "There has to be a logical explanation."

"Maybe Riddle's just lost it?" Ron suggested.

Harry zoned out. Was Tom really just jealous?

"Harry!" Hermione practically yelled.

Harry jumped, "What?!"

She sighed, "Were you even listening?"

"Sorry." Harry apologized, an idea popping into his head and he jumped up.

"Where are you going?" Ron asked as Harry bolted from the room.

Harry came back a few minutes later with his invisibility cloak, "I have an idea, but I'll need to sneak around a bit."

"Are you going to spy on Riddle to see why he's acting like he is?" Hermione asked.

Harry nodded, "I can get into the Slytherin common room, Smolter gave the password away accidentally a few days ago."

The boy had blurted it out while he was drunk and everyone else shushed him.

"He did?" Hermione asked, "How do you know they haven't changed it?"

Harry shrugged, "It's worth a shot."

"You got this, mate." Ron said, patting Harry on the back.

Harry stepped out the Portrait Holde and ducked under the Invisibility cloak, making his way down to the Slytherin common room. When he reached the stone wall, he whispered the password, and felt the wall, his hand went right through it. He grinned and stepped in. It looked the same as it did the last time he was in it. Harry made his way around the room, looking for Tom. When he didn't see the teen, he made his way through one of the doorways that a boy came out of. He stepped into a hallway of doors, he assumed these to be the guy's dorms. He went down one of the hallways. He walked around for a good five minutes before coming face to face with Tom, looking down at a book. The teen looked up, sniffing the air. He looked directly at Harry, even though he couldn't see him, a confused expression in his eyes. Harry grinned and slowly reached out from underneath the cloak. He grabbed Tom's hand and the boy's expression snapped into place, as if his suspicions had just been confirmed, but it was too late because Harry had yanked him under the cloak.

"Harry, what are you-" Tom began, but he was cut off with a kiss from Harry.

The teen boy was quick to snap his book closed and put one hand on the back of Harry's head, leaning into the kiss. When they pulled away, Harry was grinning and Tom was smirking.