f o r t y - e i g h t

Start from the beginning

i'm not going to remember this school in a positive aspect, at all. most of my time here was spent alone, in one room, solemn and silence the only things filling the air. my first encounter here with hyunjin is probably the only thing i'm going to smile about from this place.

"which consisted of zero studying" channie mumbles, rolling his eyes.

"hey at least we tried" i shrug before waving them goodbye and getting on the bus with hyunjin. we're all going home for a while before meeting back at school.

i watch chan kiss soyeon goodbye, and jeongin does the same with sieun.

-

"are you ready for america?" jeongin asks me while we're sitting on the coach, heading to the campsite. i rest my head against his shoulder. i notice sieun watching us warily, she looks a little uncomfortable.

"almost, i still have a couple things to pack. are you ready?"

"of course i am, we're going in like a week"

hyunjin is sitting with felix, soyeon and sieun are also sitting together across from me and jeongin.

"wait.. you guys are going to america? for how long?" i hear sieun's voice, but i don't turn to look at her. i know she's mad.

"two weeks" he answers, fumbling with his fingers.

"and you didn't tell me?" she asks, irritated. i glance at jeongin, who's looking at sieun with an apologetic look on his face.

"oh.. it must've slipped my mind" wrong choice, jeongin.

"slipped your mind?" sieun frowns.

"i'm sorry"

"whatever" she looks the other way, out of the window.

silence fills the air. until felix's voice does.

he's singing. and he's actually pretty good. really good, actually.

we all sing along. a familiar song, only by lee hi.

i rest my head back on yang jeongin's shoulder, and let sleep take over me.

-

"we're here!" jeongin's sharp and loud voice literally drags me out of my sleep. the bus is parked between lines of trees, and wooden cabins that disappear through the darkness.

i grab my bag from beneath my seat, rising to my feet as the driver guides everyone off the bus.

our teachers stand in a row at the front of the campsite, instructing and leading us where to go.
i hear my name being called out. i hope i'm bunking with soyeon and sieun.

my classmates eyes fill with eagerness as they wonder what lies ahead for the first night of our stay. 

"y/n! you'll be bunking with park sieun, lim soyeon and hwang yeji. you can head to your cabin now girls!"

my smile fades at the sound of yeji's name. hyunjin lets go of my hand as i tug it away.

yeji follows us to the cabin, clutching her bag close to her chest as if someone, or perhaps something, could snatch it from her at any moment.

our cabin is situated right on the edge of the water, so it overlooks onto a lake. i've never seen water look so serene and pretty. the cabin has two wooden bunkbeds, a dresser and a few wardrobes. this is where we'll be sleeping for the next couple of days.

the boys cabin consists of hyunjin, chan, jisung and changbin, which is next to ours. another contains felix, seungmin, jeongin and minho.

the boys weren't two happy with their sleeping situations, but it's only for a couple of days. they should be able to manage.

our teachers inform us that it is time for dinner. yeji and soyeon leave together, which leaves me and sieun to finish unpacking.

"y/n.. has jeongin ever been in a relationship before?" the random question from sieun sort of shocks me, but i answer anyway.

"not that i know of.. if he has he hasn't told me anything about it." i tell her, offering a small smile.

"why do you ask?"

"it's just.. he seems very clueless when it comes to this kind of thing"

"oh, that's just jeongin. he's clueless when it comes to everything" i explain.

"ohh.." he sentence trails off.

"but you shouldn't worry about it too much. you guys are perfect for each other"

she doesn't say anything.

"sieun. are you having second thoughts about your relationship?" i sit next to her on the bed.

"no.. well.. maybe? it's just.. jeongin. he's a good person, right? you two seem very close"

"well, that's because we are. i've know him for a while now. and of course he's a good person! he's one of the sweetest people i've ever met. and he really likes you, i know that for a fact"

"okay, thanks for helping me" she returns a smile, and heads out of the cabin. i follow her shortly.

-

everyone gathers around the campfire, although it isn't needed. it's summer, and still hot at night time.

i'm sitting in between changbin and hyunjin, my hand rests in his lap.

we sing songs and talk amongst one another.

until someone asks to play a game of never have i ever.

-

lmao i was reading this book back and woah it's actually pretty good 😃
just finished verity by coho - started it 2 days ago 😭 i think it's my fave book by her! i've yet to understand how she comes up with such amazing ideas for books, hopefully i'll be as good a writer as her one day :)

hope you enjoyed! sorry for the wait:(