Bring It On

The Salvatore brothers and Grace walk into the parlor together.
"We're gonna lose her, Damon."
"She needs time. It's only been a couple days."
"Her humanity's off. She's basically numb to everything that makes her who she is."
"[pouring himself a glass of bourbon] She's a vampire. Off switch is one of the biggest perks. If being undead gets you down, [snaps fingers] voilà, vampire Prozac. [takes a swig of bourbon.]"
"She burned down her family home with her brother's dead body still inside."
"Saves us the trouble of having to do it ourselves. I call that a win."
"Worst case scenario: I'll invoke the sire bond and tell her to turn it back on."
"No, her brother just died. If you force all that grief on her at once, it's going to overwhelm her. We need to give her a reason to want to turn it on."
"Fine, we'll show her a good time."
Stefan looks skeptical about this plan.
" I know it's controversial, Stefan, but people actually like to have fun."
"You really think that's gonna work?"
"There's only one way to find out."

It's morning. Elena is showering in Damon's bathroom. Damon, Grace and Stefan are in his bedroom having a conversation. Elena turns her head so she can hear the two of them better.
"So that's the plan?"
"You're gonna take her back to school?"
"Well, the fun route didn't exactly pay off, did it?"
"I don't know. Got a free meal out of it."
"Look, do you think I want to go to school and play chaperone, Grace? You can't go because you're not a student. Besides, you've got to go look for Katherine. I mean, Elena needs this cure now more than ever."
Caroline enters the room in a bath robe. The Salvatore brothers turn to face her.
"Not that anyone asked me, but I think taking her back to school is a great idea."
"Why are you here?"
"Uh, blame it on your fancy water filters. Your house has the only vervain-free showers in town."
"Oh, yeah. The mayor put vervain in the water supply. [clicks his tongue] So many people to kill."
"Yeah, my mom says it's about to get worse, so she could use a little help."
Stefan looks back at Damon.
"Fine, I'll go after the psychotic doppelgänger. Stefan, you wanna go talk to the Sheriff?"
Stefan nods.
"Blondies, take her to school."
Caroline smiles, Grace rolls her eyes at Damon.
"You still act like a teenager."
She sticks her togue out at him as Elena walks out.
"Sounds like fun."
Elena has emerged from her shower, completely naked. Stefan and Damon openly stare at her body, while Caroline averts her and Grace's eyes, smiling awkwardly.
"What? It's nothing you guys haven't seen before."
Elena wraps a towel around her body, covering herself up. Stefan and Damon share a look with similar nonplussed expressions.
"And as for the, uh, "going to school" idea...I've got nothing better to do."
Stefan clears his throat and looks over at Damon, motioning toward Elena with his head. Damon walks towards Elena.
"Elena, it would make me very happy if you went to school today. And studied hard-- you know, get involved in whatever activies, and please, for me, no matter what, don't eat anyone. Okay?"
Elena nods understandingly.
"I'm not taking her Damon, it's either Katrina or Sheriff."
"She can come with me Damon."

Stefan and Grace are flipping through a file while Liz talks to them.
"The entire supply of blood from the hospital, all the reserves, gone, just vanished."
"[closes the file and looks up at Liz] I don't understand. Are you accusing us?"
"No, I'm not accusing you, but this town is at a tipping point. Any more unexplained house fires, and things are gonna boil over. [Stefan looks down, unsure of what to say] I'm sorry, I know it's not your fault. It's been a rough week. [She moves around to the front of her desk] Miranda Gilbert was one of my best friends in high school. To see what's happened to her family - it's just..."
"[places the folder down] Look, Liz...if there's anything we can do to help, we promise we will."
"Good. You need to. Whoever stole that blood put a lot of lives in danger and risks exposing all of you, my daughter included. [Stefan nods understandingly] So, who can you think of who wants blood that bad, who would be so careless?"
Stefan looks as though he has suspicions, but doesn't share them with Liz. Grace has ideas too.