The End of the Affair

Grace, Klaus and Stefan get out of a car.
"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan."
"What are we doing here?"
"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"
"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."
Grace gives Klaus 'the look'.
"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun."

Stefan enters a bar and pats the doorman on the shoulder as he passes. The owner of the bar who is on stage singing sees him and nods at Grace.
"Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?"
"Save me a dance, Gloria."
Grace smirks at Gloria and makes her way over to the bar.

"Chicago was magical."
"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it."
"Going to get down to business, then?"
"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"
"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."
Klaus walks over to the car door which is being held open by one of his minions.

In the bar Gloria is singing another song. A waiter is pouring champagne on a champagne tower. Rebekah is dancing with a Grace but is looking at Stefan who is at the bar, drinking with his friends. They stops dancing and joins Stefan and his friends.
"Sorry to crash the fun, boys, but some of us actually came here to hear the music. Not you."
"I am so sorry, sweetheart. Are we offending you?"
His friends laugh. Grace touches his face.
"It would take a lot more than a baby face like this to offend us."
Rebekah is about to leave.
"Ahem. Hey, hey. You ever going to tell me your name?"
"Sure. When you earn it. Now do Gloria a favor and stick a sock in it."
They go back to the dance-floor and continues dancing with each other.

 In the present day, Grace, Klaus and Stefan enter the bar. It's dim, quiet, and empty.
"Looks familiar, doesn't it?"
"I can't believe this place is still here."
"You got to be kidding me."
Klaus smiles.
"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..."
"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny."
She looks at Stefan.
"I remember you."
"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..."
"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"
"Gloria's a very powerful witch."
"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day."
"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?"
"Yeah, sure thing."
He goes to the bar. Klaus looks at Gloria while Grace looks around.
"You look ravishing, by the way."
"Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels."
"So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse."
"Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old...We'd have to contact the witch who created it."
"Well, that would be the original witch. She's very dead."
"I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah and oh Grace darling you look amazing."
"That you, so do you dear Gloria."
"Rebekah. Rebekah is a bit preoccupied."
"She has what I need. Bring her to me."
Stefan looks up from the photo.
"What is this?"
"Well, I told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place."
"But this is me. With you."
He shows him the picture. It's a picture of Stefan with his arm around Klaus's shoulders in the 1920s.

Stefan, Grace and Klaus are walking in a warehouse. Stefan is still holding the photo.
"This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember you? And why does Grace remember?"
"You said it yourself: that time had a lot of dark holes."
"No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?"
2I'm a little busy right now. Memory Lane will have to wait."
"What the hell is going on? Answer me."
"Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you."