1912

Stefan is in his room at his desk with his diary on it. He's tapping his ring on the table, while swirling the pen in his hands, and is sitting with his eyes closed. Grace is laid on his bed writing as well. Damon stops by the door and sees what he's doing. Stefan stops and looks at him when Damon starts speaking.
"Dear diary, a chipmunk asked me my name today. I told him it was Joe. That lie will haunt me forever."
Stefan gets up and puts his diary back on the shelf.
"Hi Damon."
"What do you want?"
"I was hoping we could hang. You know a little brother bonding. I know we don't actually "hang out". We team up, we join forces, we activate our wonder twin powers."
Damon shows him his ring, in reference to the wonder twin comment. He starts looking through Stefan's bookshelf.
"What are you doing?"
"Digging up clues. Most of the Originals are gone, but now we have a whodunnit in town. Hey, do you remember when we came back for Zachariah's funeral?"
"Vaguely. Why?"
"If memory serves, he wasn't the first Founders' Council member killed that year or even that month."
"Your point being?"
"I'm trying to remember what year it was."
"1912."- Damon and Grace.
"So much for vaguely."
Damon grabs one of the diaries on the shelf and throws it to Stefan.
"1912. Or as I like to call it: last time Mystic Fall's had a serial killer on its hands."
Stefan opens up the diary and reads it.
"It feels strange to be home again after so long away. I thought I would never return. Certainly not for a funeral."

"Wait, you thought Stefan killed him?" Grace asked.
"Do you blame me, you met him when he was ripper."
"True I did however it wasn't him."
"What do you say, brother? You wanna go get drunk?"
"Ahhh, I get it, I get it. You're bored! Your best friend's in jail and you don't have anything better to do with yourself."
"Well, there's that and I was hoping you could help me solve a murder."
Damon takes the journal from Stefan and walks out of the room.
"Really?"
"Oh well I need to get that back, love you."
"Love you too."
"Stop saying you love each other it's weird to me."
Stefan smiles at Grace and leaves the room.

Grace gets all dolled up while on the phone with somebody.
"Yes I will be there don't worry, no I will not be late, calm down."

As  Kol and Grace arrive, Rebekah, Damon and Stefan leave and Damon feeds on somebody trying to force Stefan to feed so Grace rushes over with the other two following.
"Damon stop it, leave Stefan alone."
"Rebekah and Kol can drink him then."
Stefan takes her and starts drinking.
"No." She turns and hits Damon. "We just got him back you really sending him off the rails."
Kol grabs Grace and clams her by letting her punch him in the chest and stroking her hair. Rebekah leaves and Elena sees Stefan and Damon.
"Stefan?" 
He turns around with the blood on his face.
"What are you two doing?"
"Relax, Elena. Just a little experiment. There's no need to make this more dramatic than it needs to be."
Elena continues to stare at Stefan. Matt trying to convince Elena to leave. 
"Elena, let's just go to yours, you and aren't in the right place of mind."
"Fine, are you okay Grace, you can tag along."
She fake smiles. "Totally, nothing wrong at all, if I stay with you I need to borrow some clothes."
"I'll give you some."
They head to Elena's house. Stefan watches them leave. 

Elena and Grace sit on the couch staring forwards when Alaric enters.
"So is this going to be a sleep over."
"If you want it to be."
"I don't want to be alone tonight."
"Me either."
"Some rules tho."
"What is it?"
"One no boys, two I'll let you have the bed in Jeremy's room and three if you chose to leave, please leave me a note."
"I will."They hang out for a bit but Grace choses to leave to get home and goes straight to bed instead of answering Stefan or Damon's calls to her.