Max and Michonne followed the boy into the school, where they was cornered by the group of Jocelyn's psychic children. The teen heard his father creep up behind him and his grandpa's girlfriend.

"Where are our kids?" Michonne demanded the kids.

"Drop 'em." Mitchell ordered, as his siblings aimed their weapons at the trio.

"Just tell us that they're safe." The woman said before one of the kids fired an arrow at Daryl.

"Dad!" Max exclaimed as the arrow lodged in his father's shoulder.

"I said, drop it." Mitchell growled, as Michonne and Max placed their weapons on the ground.

Out of nowhere two kids swung the butt of their knives at the woman and teen's head, knocking the due unconscious before doing the same to Daryl.

When Max woke up, he was hanging by his hands with a gag in his mouth. His feet were a few feet away from the ground as his vision cleared to see Michonne and his father also tired up.

"They're awake." Winnie said to Linus  who was holding a metal rod.

Linus pulled the rod out of the fire, walked over to Max's father and placed the scolding hot x on his back. Max cried out from hearing his father's muffled screams. Jocelyn stood up from her seat as Linus walked back over to the fire.

"I told you, children are capable of anything. I taught them, helped them become what we are. Because they can't be soft. Not now, not like I was..." Jocelyn said, standing in front of Michonne.

"Where are they?!" Michonne yelled, muffled through the gag. Worry bleed through her veins for Judith and Cassie.

Jocelyn didn't reply, only looked toward her daughter Winnie, whom was holding the rod. "Control it, Winnie. Don't let it control you."

Winnie nodded as she walked towards Max and stood behind him with the rod aimed at his bare back. Max cried out in pain as the scorching hot x was placed on his back, the muffled shouts of Michonne and his father was ignored by Jocelyn and her kids.

The young teen couldn't hear what the psychic woman said to Michonne before the sound of the pregnant woman screaming through her gag happened. Max seemed to pass out from the pain because when he come round again, he was being cut down by his father.

When his feet touched the floor, Max instantly wrapped his arms around his father and let out a stressed-induced cry. His father comfort him until the teen was ready.  Daryl had cut down Michonne before his son, she wined as she pulled down her shirt.

"Hey. We should split up." Michonne panted.

"Alright, I'm gonna tie him up." Daryl said, starting to tie up the boy he had choked out. Max went to follow Michonne, but was stopped by his father. "Max, get your sister and protect her until I come, okay?"

Max nodded before sprinting to caught up with Michonne. He stayed behind her as they hugged the wall with pipes in their hands.

"Send out another patrol." Jocelyn said as she and her kids caught slight of him and Michonne. "There could be more of them. They're both out. Alert the others."