43

Camila POV:

Tw

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Beeping noises interrupt my sleep. I try to open my eyes but they feel heavy.

My body doesn't respond. It's not moving. I can't move.

Darkness. Pain. Pain everywhere.

Hushed voices are all I hear.

Sebastian?

My baby?

Darkness greets me again and pulls me into a deep slumber.

~

Sebastian POV:

Sebastian POV:

We've been at the hospital for two days now. Camila still hasn't woken up.

When they told me what happened to her I felt like my whole world crashed down.

I felt defeated.

But mostly angry

Camila was assaulted and I wasn't there to protect her. Camila was assaulted by a man trying to get to my father and I.

It was my fault.

She came to the game because of me. I told her about the mafia. It's all my fucking fault.

I'm an idiot to think the mafia will never be apart of my life. To think I can live my dream without costing a price. She deserves more than this. More than what I can give her.

They both do.

Our baby

My shoulders shake and I can't control the sobs that come out of my mouth. I've been holding it in for two days.

The mafia is in my blood. It's inevitable.

Omertà

I'm sitting down on a terrible hospital chair next to Camila. She's laying down knocked out cold. They said she was in really bad shape. Bruised ribs, collapsed lung, a deep gash on her skull, a concussion, gashes and cuts on her face. Her stomach was bleeding and they had to take her into emergency surgery. They said that during surgery her heart gave out and they had to resuscitate her. Overall, her surgery was fine but it will take months for her to recover.

We almost lost the baby. Odds are the baby surviving are slim to none. They warned me that with all the damage her body has gone through it's really hard to tell.

I called her mom and she came as soon as possible. She was devastated. We all are. The guys came up too. They stayed in the waiting room. I haven't left her side. I can't.

No one still knows about the pregnancy. The doctors and nurses have made that information scarce because I don't want them to know. It's Camilas choice at the end of the day.