"Can We Be Tight"

Homecoming weekend had come to a close

Homecoming weekend had come to a close. Monday so many rumors were circulating on campus. Speculations on how Luke died. You personally didn't care. I mean you didn't wish death upon anyone, you only felt that he got what he deserved. Besides it didn't seem like the police was gonna do anything about him raping you. Cedric on the other hand, seemed a bit uneasy at times. Whenever anyone would bring it up he would jump off topic. In your heart you didn't buy the whole smoking in the car with Christian and Mitchell. Because that night when he came to his mom's house, he didn't smell of weed at all. Something didn't add up. But you knew better then to mention it. APD was all over this though, they were awaiting an autopsy but their toxicology report stated his alcohol level was through the roof. It was Wednesday afternoon and you and Kia are leaving from African American Studies when Cedric calls you.

Y/N: wassup bae

Cedric: yo where you at?

Y/N: well me and Kia leaving class on the way to
meet Chels and Chloe and grab some food. Why wassup?

Cedric: I'm lining up these new pledges tonight. I was trying to link with you afterwards.

Y/N: awww my baby miss me is that what it is?

Cedric: lil girl, you wanna do something tonight or what (laughs a little)

Y/N: yeah just hit me when you're done later

Cedric: aight cool

Y/N: okay, I love you

Cedric: love you too

Kia: so you never really told me on how you knew Lionel?

Y/N: ok, well, like I said Lionel was roommates with an old friend of mine

Kia: old friend? What happened?

Y/N: he moved to L.A. to pursue his music

Kia: oh wow. That must suck huh

Y/N: it did, but , you learn to move on

Kia: is that what you're doing?

Y/N: what you mean?

Kia: I'm just saying, I know we haven't known one another for long but I'm pretty familiar with the signs

(you look at her lost)

Y/N: signs?

Kia: you're not over him. His absence bothers you

Y/N: okay am I the Psych major or you? (you both laugh). No but seriously, I do miss him a lot. He texted me last month on my birthday but when I wrote him back he didn't reply

Kia: dang

Y/N: all good. I just hope everything he wants happens for him
.....................................

2 weeks later

Luke's autopsy came in and it reported he had died of a brain concussion from hitting the toilet hard. Apparently there was no foul play, ruling it as a accidental death. The cops theory was Luke was so intoxicated he fell and hit the porcelain causing the concussion. However, Clark Atlanta students who knew him well, they knew better. Especially his frat brothers. Prior to Luke's death the schools were rivals, but now the tension was high more then ever. Clark believed someone from GamU, specifically Lambda Phi, was behind Luke's untimely passing. You can't lie, it didn't seem too far fetched. Cedric seemed to be back to normal after the news, you noticed the difference immediately. You had the feeling in your gut Ced had some sort of a role in this but knew it was best you left it alone.

Thanksgiving break was approaching and you were going home until you found out your dad has a big deal he has to broker in Nashville for a few days and Miranda was going along. So instead Cedric invited you to stay with him and his mom for break this time.

Chloe tells you Doug & Vivek are going to California
for break to visit Trevor. You weren't excited considering Doug made it clear he wasn't gonna be a mediator anymore for you two.
...................................................

Vivek:  I'm sorry but there's a very large elephant in the room by the name of Y/N I just can't ignore it anymore so are you and this "elephant" done?

Vivek: I'm sorry but there's a very large elephant in the room by the name of Y/N I just can't ignore it anymore so are you and this "elephant" done?

Trevor : look obviously I still love her okay and I wanna resolve things but it's just alot to process right now and I don't feel like dealing with it so could you just stop so I can focus on the game

Doug: how do you expect to resolve a situation when the other person whose involved doesn't even know what you're thinking?

Vivek: Doug's right

Doug: why I'm not gonna press this issue anymore cause you're a grown man all I'm saying is if you let these negative feelings fester you're gonna end up doing something destructive. You need to confront these issues head on brother

Trevor: (exhales) Alright. Guess I got some stuff to clear up

\\Fast Forward\\

The holidays came pretty fast. Between several performances and midterms it was a lot. Miranda as 5 months pregnant now so it was becoming real, real fast. It was time to head back to school for Spring semester. You arrive back to GamU after a long holiday break. You were so ready for the new year. Here comes new beginnings, besides you were ready to forget last year happened between, Cedric cheating, Trevor leaving, you and Rel falling out, losing your baby, homecoming, and Luke's death it was too much that had occurred in one year. It was time to see a better future. You approach the hall in Appelt that lead to your dorm when you almost fainted by who you saw....