"Never Make A Promise"

Beretta: Y/N? ...(walks over to the bed and grabs your hand) I wish i knew what to say.

Y/N: ..

Beretta: (phone rings) HELLO!.. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? ...YOU NEED TO GET HERE NOW...GRADY HOSPITAL 7TH FLOOR ROOM 230...IM NOT GONNA DISCUSS THIS WITH YOU OVER THE PHONE, YOU JUST NEED TO GET YOUR ASS HERE NOW CEDRIC! (hangs up) boy gets on my damn nerves sometimes.

Y/N: (deep sighs)

::just then Dr. Cynthia and Dr. Webber comes in. She first gives her condolences and speaks to you about any concerns for delivery. After about 15 mins Cedric comes through the door as he runs to your bedside

Cedric: whats goin on? Everything good?

Dr. Cynthia: You Are?

Beretta: im sorry this is my son.

Cedric: baby you okay? talk to me. Was is it something i did?

Beretta: Cedric

Cedric: ma, whats goin on?

Dr. Webber: as we were explaining earlier, we have to begin the delivery--

Cedric: but she's only like 7 months. Ain't that too soon?

Beretta: Cedric (points to follow her outside into the hall)

Cedric: ma why are they trying to deliver the baby so early?

Beretta: ...Ced, Y/N had a stillbirth

Cedric: ......

Beretta: I didn't wanna tell you this over the phone or while you were driving.

Cedric: nah, you're not serious right now

Beretta: (hugs him) im sorry baby

Cedric: i can't take this (crying)

Beretta: no you listen to me. you have to be strong. okay?

Cedric: I can't ma

Beretta: you can. Be that strong man i raised. Be strong for Y/N. she needs you right now.

::Beretta and Cedric enters back into the room as you get prep for surgery... After about 40 mins of pushing, finally baby Cienna was here. You and Cedric tried to hold back tears and they place the baby in your arms. This was the hardest pill to swallow::

After two days of spending it in the hospital

After two days of spending it in the hospital. You were discharged. It was the first day of classes but ofcourse you were in no mood to attend today, neither did Cedric. You headed over to Ced's mom house as she tried to make you as comfortable as possible.

Cedric: You hungry?

Y/N: (shakes your head)

Cedric: you need to eat Y/N

Y/N: im good (your cell phone rings) gimmie second (Cedric leaves and its your dad calling you. )

(That day passed by in slow motion as people called to check in on you. You got tired of the "im sorry's" and decided to go on airplane mode... The rain poured down as you stood by the window in the living room that night. You felt the presence of someone, within seconds you felt Ced's arms wrap around your waist)

Cedric: i would ask you if you're okay, but i know you're not

Y/N: understatement of the year

Cedric: i know things happen for a reason, i just wish i knew the reason for this one

Y/N: guess it wasn't meant

Cedric: maybe it wasn't our time

Y/N: God's been showing me that for awhile now (you begin to walk when he stops you)

Cedric: how many times i gotta apologize for mistakes?

Y/N: until they start to mean something

Cedric: so you've been perfect right? I admitted and owned up to my faults Y/N, but damn how long you gon hold this against me? We just lost our baby, this should show us that life is too short. We never know when its our last breath. I don't wanna waste another moment beefing and arguing over the past. I wanna move forward with you... I love you so much.

Y/N: so, what are you saying?

Cedric: (digs in his pockets) im saying i want you to put this back on (places the promise ring back on your finger) i found it in your bag. I understand why you haven't worn it in so long. But i wanna the man i was supposed to be for you. Who i promised i would be. Im keepin' my word this time baby.

Y/N: (you look up at him into his eyes and can tell he was really serious this time) i love you too Cedric.

(He leans down and kisses you. He picks you up and head upstairs into his bedroom and shuts the door. He lays you in the bed, as the raining continues to pours and lightning strikes through the sky.)