"GET TO YOU"

::Phone rings::

Y/N: (stares at Cedric who glanced at his caller id and back at the tv) So you're not gonna answer it?

Cedric: what?

Y/N: stop playin wit me Cedric.

Cedric: playin' with you about what?

Y/N: all day you've been sending your calls to voicemail. What you can't talk around me?

Cedric: you really gon start this shit again?

Y/N: Ced--

Cedric: (grabs his phone which is still ringing and shows you)

Y/N: so why are you ignoring your mom?

Cedric: cause i don't know what to say to her right now

Y/N: .....why don't we tell her together then?

Cedric: (looks at you crazy) you see how your pops is reacting? Well i have a black mama. One that is busting her ass to pay for my tuition every year. And you want us to go to Atlanta and tell her we have a baby on the way?

Y/N: she has to know eventually Cedric

Cedric: look i'll figure it out

Y/N: whatever (lays back in bed)

(seconds later your phone beeps with a text)

Trevor: i've tried calling you several times. Hit me back. I have great news! Love You Chula

(You sigh to yourself and quickly places your phone back down before Cedric could see it. )

Next Day, you and Cedric drive over to your mom's house. He meets your Mom, Wanda & your step father Jimmy. To your surprise your mom wasn't upset. A little disappointed considering you'd just started college. She felt you hadn't experienced your life yet. But she was ready to support you and her granddaughter. She fell in love with Cedric. You guess that didn't hurt either. It made things easier. He and Jimmy hit it off also. After having dinner with your mom, Cedric is heading back to Georgia. As he pulls up to your dad's house, he and Miranda are just getting out of the car in the driveway. He notices you and begins to walks up to Cedric's car.

Y/N: aww shit

Cedric: (undoes his seatbelt and begins to exit the car to greet your father) How you doin' Mr. James

Brad: Im fine. (extends his hand) You Cedric?

Cedric: uh yes sir

Brad: you got a minute. I wanna talk to you

Cedric: (uneasy) umm yeah sure

(Cedric follows your dad inside the house leaving you and Miranda outside bringing in the groceries )

Y/N: i really hope my dad doesn't grill him

Miranda: you already know how he is. Pray for the boy

:: Meanwhile in your dad's office::