━chapter 16

Chapter 16
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL GENLY TUGGED ON THE ROLL OF PARCHMENT. She remained as dignified as ever, but if the twitch in her brow meant anything, it seemed as though even she was getting fed up with Hermione's theatrics.

As put together and proud as Hermione may be, if there was one thing that made her lose her composure, it was academics. Especially, when her grades came into factor.

Lips curled inwards, Harry withheld himself from laughing as he watched her friend and Professor play a round of tug-a-war with Hermione's transfiguration essay.

"Please, Professor. There is still some information that I could—"

"Miss Granger."

"Maybe if I added an extra foot of—"

"Miss Granger, I suggest you do not make me remove marks."

Harry glanced around the classroom. Some of his classmates ignored the situation, already used to the scene. Others looked entertained, both Patil twins especially. Ron, who was one desk over, watched with his head resting on his hand. When his eyes met Harry's, the boy rolled his eyes.

Harry finally let out a snicker, making Hermione snap her head towards him. In response, Harry shrugged.

Hermione huffed, releasing her essay. "Very well. I guess it wouldn't do well to write more only to lose points."

"It wouldn't, indeed." Professor McGonagall inserted the roll of essay with the others in her leather scroll case. "Class dismissed."

On cue, students started to bolt out the door.

"Every single time, 'Ermione!"

"Forgive me for wanting my work to be perfect, Ronald!"

They walked in front of Harry, bickering with each other and not paying attention to where they were heading.

As they walked to the door, Harry tried to warn them. "Lads, watch where—"

Harry couldn't have said it earlier. Hermione's books fell out of her arms as she slammed head-first into Malfoy and his crew.

Ron was instantly in front of her, glaring and the blond boy as he sneered at Hermione. Harry joined, ready to tell Malfoy to sod off.

Crabbe and Goyle were right behind Malfoy. Zabini was there too, next to him, though he looked a lot less pissed about the situation and more so bored. He was tugging Malfoy by the arm as though to get him to leave.

Goyle groaned. "Oi. Watch where you're going, mudbl—"

Malfoy put his hand up, stopping Goyle mid-sentence. He watched Hermione, brows furrowed. He pushed a book that fell at his foot closer to her.

"Do muggleborns all have bad eyesight? Can't you see where you're going?"

Hermione looked at him, confused.

"Listen here, Malfoy—" Ron tried, but Hermione stopped him.

"I'm sorry."

Malfoy clicked his tongue. "Whatever." He snatched his arm away from Zabini, walking away, Crabbe and Goyle following.

Zabini, for his part, picked up Hermione's books and handed them back to her. "Don't mind him. He tries to act cool sometimes."

"Right."

He gave them all a nod and left. Harry watched him walk past Crabbe and Goyle and join Malfoy next to him again.

"What the fuck was that about?" Ron questioned.