━chapter 5

Chapter 5
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

Chapter 5━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

"Are you and Harry dating?"

Adhara looked up from her letter and saw red hair. She sat on a windowsill of the abandoned corridor she found last year. It was where she went whenever she wanted to be alone. She was certain no one else knew about this place as it took many stops and turns to even find it. So she wondered how Ginny Weasley was able to locate it. The only way she could've done so was if she had followed her here. And somehow managed to stay out of the Slytherin's sight.

Adhara hadn't even suspected that she was being followed. She would've been impressed if it wasn't for the fact that yet another person now knew about her hideout. And this time it was someone she didn't voluntarily let in.

She frowned. "What?"

The girl swayed from feet to feet, looking uncomfortable. She had her hair tied up tightly, out of her face as much as possible, and she held onto two of her textbook, her grip seemed to be tighter around a leather-bound diary that looked mysteriously similar to the one buried in Adhara's trunk. She didn't look like she wanted to do this any more than Adhara did. Adhara wondered why they were then.

"Harry Potter. Are you two dating?"

Adhara wanted to swear. So she did.

Weasley stood up more straight. She looked at her with a determined look in her eyes, but Adhara noticed how her fists were shaking.

"Everyone is wondering the same, you know? You two spend an awful lot of time together, even though you're Slytherin."

Adhara was so taken aback by the question that she let the last bit of the comment slide. She normally couldn't care less about what others thought of her, but this felt out of bounds. The thought of her dating Harry, in fact, the thought of her dating anyone for that matter didn't sit right with her at all. It made her wrinkle her nose.

"That's absolutely gross. I would never date Harry."

Weasley looked offended. "Why not? What's wrong with him?"

"Nothing. You can date him if you want."

"Wh-what? Why would I-"

Adhara huffed out a breath, throwing an annoyed look at the redhead. The tips of her ears matched her hair, and Adhara immediately understood the girl's motive.

She shoved her letter into her satchel. "There isn't anything wrong with Harry. I, personally, am not inclined to have any sorts of romantic relationships with the boy."

She looked at Weasley and found that she still wasn't getting it. Adhara rolled her eyes at the young Weasley's behaviour. It wasn't any of anyone's business what Harry and her relationship was. But the fact that people started making assumptions, only because he was a boy and she was a girl upset her.