━chapter 11

Chapter 11
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

Chapter 11━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

Warning: panic attack

━━━━

SOMETIMES, THE PEOPLE AROUND HARRY WOULD END UP DOING SOMETHING THAT WOULD COMPLETELY BAFFLE HIM.

"Harry! I've got some time this weekend if you wanted to start practicing."

"Hmm? What?"

"Didn't you say you wanted to learn a spell against the dementors?"

"Oh! Umm, yeah...I thought you'd forgotten." He didn't even hope for Lupin to remember.

"Forgotten? What gave you that idea? Didn't I say we'll start after Yule?"

"You did, I just thought-...never mind, nothing. It's stupid. This weekend works out fine!"

"Sure...Is everything alright?"

"Yup!"

It started with Ron when he offered him a hand on the train and stuck to him, ever since. Only, Harry couldn't tell if it was a good thing or not.

━━━━

It was a firebolt. Somebody sent Harry a bloody firebolt of all things.

Adhara traced the letters on the handle with delicate fingers, letting only the tips of her gloves touch the broom. She wouldn't be able to feel the smooth wood unless she took them off.

She wondered who could've sent this gift. It couldn't be McGonagall again, the firebolt was awfully expensive, and Adhara had an inkling that teachers weren't paid well enough for it. Who could've afforded such a valuable broom?

Malfoy could. He was the wealthiest kid on school grounds, raised on old money and fed with a silver spoon before he even knew what silver was. He could obviously afford the firebolt. But there was no way he would simply gift one to Harry of all people.

Adhara couldn't think of anyone generous and rich enough to pull such an act.

She looked up, finally tearing her gaze away from the beautiful equipment and was met with the sight of three glaring Gryffindors instead of excited ones.

"There's nothing wrong with the broom, Hermione," said Harry's suspiciously calm voice.

"You don't know that! There's a murderer on the loose! You need to be more cautious!"

"Of a broom?!" There it was. The false imitation of patience in Harry's voice was gone, replaced with his usual heated temper. One that rose whenever he felt wronged, Adhara learned.

It wasn't the first time she witnessed Harry's anger, though. Adhara watched Harry grind his teeth, jaw tight as though he was forcing himself to subdue the fire only for it grow more unruly.