━chapter 9

Chapter 9
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

Adhara grew to like the Forbidden Forest

Adhara grew to like the Forbidden Forest. It was the only time she was truly able to be alone, allowing her to clear her mind. She hasn't informed anyone else about her weekly walks, so no one else knew. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't the only one who discovered another route to sneak off to the forest without being caught by the groundskeeper. She really did not enjoy having her peaceful walks being interrupted by a certain spoiled blond.

"What do you want, Malfoy?"

"Just wanted to know about that mudblood friend of yours. Heard she got released from the Hospital Wing yesterday."

Adhara rolled her eyes. She didn't want anything to do with him today, deciding to ignore him completely when she discovered with his butterfly and magnifying glass. Somehow, however, the boy took that as an invitation to follow her instead.

"Aren't you afraid? Those walls were the only thing keeping her safe," he sneered. "Now that she's out, how long do you think it'll take her to end up back in an infirmary bed?"

Adhara stopped, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath to calm her nerves. She really was in no mood to deal with him. All she wanted was to go on a walk. Besides, she did not want to let him have the satisfaction of ruling her up.

She could do what she'd always done. She could walk away from him because really, Draco Malfoy was not her problem to deal it.

But the prick was talking about her friend. And Adhara remembered what Hermione told her. About the taunting, about the name-calling. About how his comments made her feel more unsafe in this school with all the muggleborns being petrified and all.

Adhara's hands balled into fists before she suddenly turned around, finally giving the bloodpurist her attention. That cocky smirk that he always displayed angering her further, but she showed none of it on her face. Instead, she marched straight up to her Malfoy, digging her wand right in his gut. She wasn't going to fire anything, but she was jabbing it enough for it to hurt. It successfully wiped the smirk off his face.

Malfoy took a step back, but Adhara only followed him, digging her wand deeper. Her face stayed impassive as she spoke. "Have you really got nothing better to do? Is this what you do with your free time? Follow people around in a forest to taunt them? How bloody pathetic."

Malfoy scowled but took another step back at the impact of Adhara's wand. She followed. One step, two steps, another and then another. Until his back met a tree, and he could no longer escape.

Adhara smirked. "Oh, would you look at that? The mighty heir of two pureblood families can't even fight back. Even when his own wand is within reach." Her head tilted to the side, "I wonder what his father might think?"

Malfoy's jaw clicked. His nostrils flared as anger built up in his chest, burning his lungs and stomach in the process. He pushed Adhara back, who stepped away without any resistance and grabbed his own wand out of his pocket.