━chapter 1

Chapter 1
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

ADHARA BLACK DIDN'T MEET HARRY POTTER ON THE TRAIN

ADHARA BLACK DIDN'T MEET HARRY POTTER ON THE TRAIN. Instead, she found herself an empty compartment and read through the first three of her father's letters again.

Adhara was confused. For as long as she could remember, Matron had always reminded her of all the awful things her father and her family had done, and how she would do the same because she was cut from the same cloth.

But the man in her letters didn't sound evil. He wasn't vile and horrible, like how Matron had said he was. He was far from that. In fact, he almost sounded...caring.

Regulus Black wrote quite a few letters to his daughter, right before he disappeared. Clearly, he knew he didn't have much time left; the existence of said letters was proof enough of that.

He wrote to her about everything, from the rare fond memories of Hogwarts to the horrible ones at his childhood home. In his first letter, he wrote about her mother, a muggle woman called Nadia Haque, and about their brief encounter one night. The second one mostly spoke about his brother, Sirius. Though it didn't go much into detail, he wrote about how they were once very close, and then how one day they weren't.

In his third one, Regulus apologized. He apologized for leaving so soon and for not being there for her. And he reminded her that, although he would never have the chance to meet her, he would always love her.

And Adhara's eyes welled up in tears for it was the first time someone told her they cared for her.

The letters were kept short and brief, but they said enough and there were plenty of them. The diary, which she still hadn't opened, was tucked away in her satchel. It wasn't addressed to her like the letters were, so she was hesitant to open it. She wasn't sure she was ready to find out about Regulus' unfiltered thoughts.

Each letter talked about a different topic. But her father finished each and every one of them with the same warning: Beware of You-Know-Who. Stay away from his followers. Do not get involved.

But Adhara was never one to follow orders.

━━━━

Adhara Black didn't meet Harry Potter at the sorting either. Like everyone else, she watched him on that stool from where she sat at her table. B came before P in the alphabet, thus she was already sorted and was sitting with the rest of her housemates.

Adhara wasn't oblivious. She noticed how the rest of Slytherin House sneered at her. Her blood status wasn't a secret. Matron made sure the news got to The Prophet the minute her mother handed her over to Aleyne. In exchange for a generous sum of money, of course.

They saw her as a disgrace. Someone who tarnished the name of Black with her dirty blood. She knew this. She's been reminded of this her whole life. For all Matron liked to remind her about the evil deeds of her family, she herself didn't shy away from having bigoted opinions on blood status.