━chapter 11

Chapter 11
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

ADHARA STRAIGHTENED HER TIE, PULLING IT AROUND HER NECK TO ENSURE IT LOOKED PERFECT. She looked at herself in the mirror, turning her head once to the right and then to the left to get a better look.

Sirius had told her she looked like her father, but Adhara wondered what the man was talking about.

She leaned in closer, hands tugging her cheeks. Her skin was darker, perhaps not as much as Harry's, but definitely more than Sirius'. And if there was one thing to know about the Blacks, it was that they were as white as a sheet. One look at Sirius, Draco, and even Narcissa Malfoy proved that. Adhara had no doubt that Regulus Black was pale, too.

The Blacks also have grey eyes. They stared at you with those silver beads, surveying you head to toe, and you would never be able to tell whether they found you uninteresting or not. Adhara had the gaze down, but her eyes were not grey. They were black, just as dark as her hair, which might be the only thing she had in common with her father.

She scrunched her nose, using a finger to squish the front. Draco had a small nose, Adhara noticed. She couldn't remember what Sirius' one looked like at the moment, but she was certain it was similar to Draco's.

Adhara's didn't look like that. Her nose was not small. She could hold it between her index and thumb, and half would still poke out. It was hooked, almost like Snape's but not quite. And if she turned her head, people would definitely see the outline of the bump on her bridge.

Adhara took a step back and noticed the frown on her face.

Sirius was wrong. She did not look like Regulus Black. If anything, Adhara thought she might resemble her mother. Adhara may never have seen her, but she definitely did not look like her father, so who else would it be?

Which was unfortunate, really. Because if her father's letters proved anything at all, it was that he actually wanted her. Nadia did not.

━━━━

The Ravenclaw Common Room was nothing like Harry had expected it to look, which was to say it was exactly how it was supposed to look.

Enchanting, strange, and very blue. There were bulky bookshelves that grew in size when a new book was added; there were large arching windows that let in the bright sunlight during the day and the glow of the moonlight during the night. A mobile system of planets hung down from the ceiling, with glowing orbs that floated soundlessly in between.

His friends were mesmerized by the sight when they first stepped foot inside. Though Ginny and her other friend — the Hufflepuff — looked already used to it all, Luna took her time to rant about which stars each orb was to Harry's group. Whereas Hermione and Millie seemed entirely drawn in, listening to the cheerful raven intently, Ron not so much.

They were near the couches, the girls on the floor, and Ron was supposed to be on the sofa. Yet, he preoccupied himself with exploring the tower instead, leaving the space next to Adhara vacant.

The Slytherin girl was quiet, which to the normal eye would seem completely ordinary. Undoubtedly, Adhara was always quiet.

But Harry knew better.

He sat on the sofa across from her with Ginny and the Hufflepuff. Carefully, Harry watched Adhara.

Her face was blank, as usual. No peep, no squeak, she blinked at the three girls on the floor almost lazily. Her thick eyebrows laid relaxed, and the scar on her chin didn't stretch.

By all means, Adhara looked very laid back. Almost as though she was forcing it.

But if Harry learned anything about her sister, it was that if one really wanted to know how Adhara was truly feeling, one should not look at her face. Rather, they should pay attention to her hands.