━chapter 10

Chapter 10
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

IT WAS THE SMALL THINGS THAT REMINDED HARRY THAT HE WAS AN ORPHAN

It wasn't like he ever forgot that vital information. He knew his parents were gone, it wasn't as though he could forget, but the thought mostly lingered in the back of his mind, resurfacing only on some occasions.

When his uncle threw jabs at him, for instance. Or simply when his aunt ignored him all day, pretending he didn't exist whilst catering to Dudley instead. Or, more recently, people smothering him with fame, which only served as a reminder that his parents were in fact dead. He was Harry Potter, famous Orphan-who-lived who saved the wizarding world at the mere age of two. They didn't let him forget that his parents were dead heroes.

However, his parents have been missing from his life his entire life. Therefore, his brain treated the information, no matter all the reminders, as just that. A simple fact. His parents were dead, his name was Harry Potter, the sun was yellow. That was it.

It was only the small things that made Harry truly miss them.

Like when the Weasleys walked around Christmas with hand-knitted sweaters. When he saw Mrs. Weasley fuss over Ron or Ginny. When she lathered Harry's plate with more and more food. Or even when Aunt Petunia just lovingly brushed Dudley's hair away from his face.

Things Harry realized he'll never get to experience with his own parents. That was when he missed his parents the most.

When Ron invited him to his house for Christmas, Harry was ecstatic at first. The thought of spending the holidays with his best friend and his family was wonderful. But then he remembered just how out of place he would be there. The only one to stick out.

Harry didn't want to be a burden to them. He wondered if Adhara felt the same way about visiting the Grangers.

Harry was glad, though, that Adhara was spending the holidays with Hermione. He was going to decline Ron's offer and stay back with her if Hermione hadn't invited her. Or if Adhara decided not to go. After all, Adhara has done a lot for him. Staying back so that she wasn't alone for Christmas was the least he could do.

They were all going back home for the Holidays, it seemed. It was the first time Harry rode the train in the winter. The freezing window, however, reminded him of the attack in September so he stayed away from it.

"I thought the teachers wouldn't let you two out of their sight," Millie pointed out. "I mean, McGonagall had to chaperone Adhi when she went to Hogsmeade."

Adhara shrugged. "They can't stop us from going home."

"But you're not going home?"

"They don't need to know that."

━━━━

Adhara should've expected this. Hermione was smart. Very smart. And annoyingly perceptive. Adhara should've known she got those qualities from her parents.