━chapter 8

Chapter 8
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

There was one thing Adhara would never admit about herself, and that was that she was a rather stubborn person

There was one thing Adhara would never admit about herself, and that was that she was a rather stubborn person. When she got something in her head, she followed through until the end. It came in handy sometimes, she thought. But Yaritza assured her that it wasn't. It did more damage than it did any good.

Her stubbornness was what pushed her to practice Quidditch over the summer, refusing to get off her broom until she stopped falling. It was what gave her the courage to face Matron at the end of June to ask if she could visit Harry.

But right now, it was what kept her from talking to her friends to sort all this out.

Her patience was coming to an end, and everything around her was starting to make her more and more irritated. She went to the forest more often, barely showed up to meals, opting to sneak into the kitchens instead. She only came to the dorms to sleep, sparing no glance at any of her roommates, and it was getting on Millicent's nerves.

She had enough of watching the girl roam around the halls, expression more dark than ever, which made the first years, and even some third years run the other way. You could practically see the dark cloud that loomed over her head. So Millie did what she did best.

She used her fists.

Millicent waited for Adhara at the entrance of the Slytherin Common Room, right where everyone could see her. She wasn't one to sneak around to get things done. It wasn't her forte. And either way, Adhara would notice her if she tried to hide.

So she stood right at the door, catching Adhara off guard enough for her to halt for a second. Millicent didn't bother to explain herself. She stalked up to her friend, punching her at the shoulder hard enough to further startle her. The blonde then took advantage of Adhara's bewildered state and dragged her by the arm.

She was much stronger than Adhara, so the latter didn't even try to break loose. She followed her to wherever it was Millie was dragging her, although it was very much against her will.

"What are you doing?"

"I told you you were going to tell me about this one day."

Adhara rummaged through her brain to remember where she heard that before. "This isn't that. It's something else entirely."

"But it is something. And you are going to tell us about it."

"Us?"

"Yes. Us."

━━━

"What are you doing here? It's past curfew!"

Adhara wasn't even surprised when the infirmary came into view. She only sighed and braced herself for whatever long conversation she was in for.