━chapter 8

Chapter 8
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

HERMIONE'S IMPERVIUS  SPELL WORKED LIKE MAGIC, HARRY THOUGHT

HERMIONE'S IMPERVIUS SPELL WORKED LIKE MAGIC, HARRY THOUGHT. The rain didn't obscure his view anymore; the players donned in scarlet and emerald no longer blurry spots.

However, even though raindrops on his glasses didn't cloud his vision, it was now the rain itself, which got heavier as the game went on, and the overhead mist that made it more difficult to see.

It was his first time seeing Adhara properly in action. He could see how adept she was on the broom. Completing the trinity of Slytherin chasers, she was able to maneuver her way through the lions and the rain swiftly. However, Harry wasn't a chaser. He was neither a beater nor a keeper. Harry was a seeker, and his job was to catch the snitch, and that was exactly what he focused on.

The rain didn't stop. Each drop was freezing his skin more and more until the ice reached the pit of his stomach, and Harry couldn't feel his fingers and ears anymore.

Harry heard thunder, the loud rumbling of the sky followed by a scream. His vision flashed for half a second, the lightning signalling another approaching thunder. He turned to look, but his eyes caught onto something blurry and gold.

The Gryffindor seeker flew up suddenly, catching everyone's attention. Rain collided with his face at a faster speed, but Harry kept his attention focused on the speck of gold. He distantly heard someone fly up behind up, but he didn't look back, reaching out to the snitch.

The mixture of wind, rain and the roar of thunder that sounded way too close made Harry's heart speed up and yet he stared ahead. His legs tensed up, unconsciously gripping onto his broom more tightly. Harry blinked, only for a mere second, only to try and remove the water in his eyes, but that was enough for the golden bug to disappear completely.

With the snitch now out of his view, Harry noticed just how silent the world got. A rhythmic thumping slowly took over his sense of hearing before it tapered onto a strident ring. The front of his broom was now frozen. Harry looked down and saw a sea of black.

And then he heard that scream again.

━━━

Remus' breath caught in his lungs as Harry's body came hurtling down from the sky. He watched a figure in green speed towards the falling boy, and then a bright white light concealed the sight.

He didn't start breathing properly until he saw Harry lying peacefully onto the stretcher. 

━━━

It was his mum who he heard. It was his mother's voice. She was the one screaming and begging for his life.

His mother's last words echoed repeatedly in Harry's head. 

━━━

Adhara's hands were shaking. She wasn't sure whether it was because she was drenched from head to toe and the freezing rain still showed no sign of stopping, or if it was because of the sight of her unconscious godbrother on the stretcher.