━chapter 12

Chapter 12
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

ADHRA STARED AT THE GRYFFINDOR TABLE WITH SQUINTED EYES, SILENTLY JUDGING THE TWO BOYS OF THEIR FRIEND GROUP

ADHRA STARED AT THE GRYFFINDOR TABLE WITH SQUINTED EYES, SILENTLY JUDGING THE TWO BOYS OF THEIR FRIEND GROUP. Harry caught her eyes, shrugging in response, as if perfectly aware of her thoughts even though her face remained as expressionless as ever.

She didn't do anything to counter the shrug. Her judgment wasn't directed towards her godbrother but rather towards the redhead who sat opposite him.

They just made up. And the redhead just had to go ahead and fight with Mione again.

And here, Adhara thought Weasley and she were making progress.

When Millie showed up to dinner, she did a double-take on their seating choice, clearly confused as to why Hermione was still sitting at the Slytherin table. She gave Adhara a look, arching a brow to show her confusion but Adhara understood it as more of a 'what the fuck happened again?'.

Adhara mouthed back a simple 'redhead', making sure Mione didn't see, and Millie nodded in understanding. Whatever is it that she understood from just that.

As though the silent conversation between her and Adhara hadn't happened at all, Millicent took a seat in front of Hermione and her, waving a simple greeting.

"Adhi, don't you have a paper to sign with Snape?" She was obviously trying to stray away from the topic of the new fight.

"No," Adhara replied, playing along easily, "the Aurors saw how I didn't have a hand in his second attack, so they're laying off the surveillance."

Students from all four Houses tried to sneak into the Gryffindor Common Room to catch a glimpse of all the commotion when none other than Ron Weasley claimed to have seen Sirius Black inside his bedroom. It didn't take long for the Aurors to arrive afterwards; two of them swiftly ran down to the dungeons to check if Adhara had anything to do with it.

She did not. Obviously.

Adhara heard Hermione tut-tut. "They shouldn't be tracking you like that, to begin with. You did nothing wrong!"

Adhara did nothing to quench Mione's strange need to be so righteous, choosing to focus instead on all the food that just appeared before them. It has been three years since Adhara stepped foot into this Hall for the first time, yet the sheer amount of dishes at every meal —be it during special occasions or during everyday supper — surprised her each time. She could never imagine having even half of this back at Aleyne.

Several hotpots of mutton, topped with a layer of potatoes spread out along the long table. Buttered peas and roasted carrots, with freshly baked bread that filled up the empty spaces around the pots, leaving barely enough room for drinks and cutleries.

The hotspots were a bit out of Hermione's reach, so she lifted her plate closer to Millie. "Can you pass me some, please? Can't quite grab the spoon."

But before Millie could even realize Mione was speaking to her, the Slytherin boy sitting right next to Millie took Hermione's plate and filled it out for her. Passing it back nonchalantly, as though he'd done it multiple times before.