━chapter 14

Chapter 14
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

"DRAGONS," HARRY SPILLED. He was in a rush. He didn't want Flitwick to overhear them. "They've got four, one for each one of us. And we've got to past them."

Harry didn't necessarily think twice about what he was going to do. He rarely did, after all. And he had been in a such frenzied state since this morning that the minute he laid eyes on Cedric, he simply dashed.

The Hufflepuff stared, eyes overcome with panic. Harry knew what that looked like, he knew exactly what that felt like.

Harry wanted to elaborate; give more of an explanation. But he froze under those grey eyes, thoughts swirling in his head — how does he still manage to look so cool with a broken bag what the actual fu —

"Are you sure?"

"Dead sure," said Harry, feigning confidence. "I've seen them."

Cedric's brows drew close. "But how'd you find out? We're not supposed to know —" He went to take a step closer, but more of his books fell out of his bag.

With a huff of annoyance, Cedric pushed back his hair and kneeled down to pick them up.

Harry pursed his mouth. So. Fucking. Cool. What the fuck.

━━━━

Adhara maneuvered around the excited student body as Hermione led her to the stands, holding her by her wrist. Though, she couldn't avoid everyone, bumping shoulders and head with kids as they ran all around. For once, no one really bothered to sit strictly with their own House.

"My, Hermione. You seem like you can't wait for the event to start."

Hermione whipped her head around, taking a moment to pause and give Adhara a look.

Adhara would've smirked if it weren't for the dread building in her stomach.

Dragons. Bloody, fucking dragons. Sweet Salazar, Dumbledore must be mental.

The four fourth-years practiced until early morning, nestled inside an empty classroom Adhara found until Harry could get the summoning charm just right enough.

"Mione! I think here is good enough!" shouted Millicent from behind Adhara, exhausted from all the stairs they were climbing.

But Hermione showed no sign of stopping. "Come on! I want to be at the very top!"

Allowing the girl to haul her all the way, Adhara nearly rolled her eyes until she caught sight of two other figures at the top of the stands.

"Hullo, Adhara!" greeted Lupin.

Sirius Black stood beside him, smiling at the girl with what Adhara knew was a sincere smile, making the knots in her stomach twist even more.

She yanked her arm away from Hermione, throwing a cold look in her direction. The frizzly-haired girl simply smiled at her sheepishly.

Adhara turned away. She edged the safety bar, holding onto it. Ignoring them was the only option left, it seemed.

━━━

By the time the first Champion came out, Sirius thought he might have forgotten how to breathe. He watched the kid — because seventeen is bloody young — dance around the dragon to reach the golden egg.

"He will be fine, you know?"

Bulstrode — Sirius remembered — Adhara and Harry's friend — he corrected himself — stood on one side of him while Hermione occupied his other. Remus was softly talking to Adhara, who was gripping the safety bar so tightly, Sirius was worried about her wounds.