━chapter 9

Chapter 9
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

Chapter 9━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

IT WAS TIME.

It was time to try and sneak Adhara and Millie inside the Gryffindor Tower.

They have never done it before. In fact, neither of them ever visited another House's dormitories.

But Ravenclaw just won their match with Hufflepuff, and with the end of term exams drawing so close, they decided to throw a party for their win. Everyone was invited—yes, even the Puffs since one cannot have a party without them—which meant that the Gryffindor Tower was going to be mostly empty, giving Harry and his friends the perfect opportunity for a sleepover.

Hermione got to work first. Her job was to aid the snakes to sneak out of their rooms with everything they needed. Then the girls, together, worked together to steal food from the kitchens since somehow, they already had a plan laid out for that.

Harry and Ron were given the most difficult job so far. They had to figure out a way to deactivate the charm on the stairs that lead up to the girl's dormitories. The ones that would shift into a slide if either Ron or Harry put a foot on the steps. (Hermione's roommates were staying at Padma Patil's room tonight, so her room would be empty!).

Harry and Ron threw hexes and spells at the staircase. It didn't work. They then felt around the walls near it because maybe there was a switch? There wasn't. Both then tried to find a way to work around the charm by climbing the banister. But who knew they disappeared when the charm was activated?

So they gave up.

Ron and Harry waited for the girls to return with their pile of blankets and their pillows. They were both in their pyjamas; Harry was wearing his Weasley jumper, the one he received last year, to fight the late November chill.

He was fiddling with his sleeve when Ron blurted out: "You should come over for the Yule holidays!"

Harry had to take a minute to properly take in what the Weasley suddenly exclaimed.

"Huh?"

Ron's cheeks heated up. "I don't know?" he shrugged. "Sounds like a good idea. Mum'll be thrilled if you come! She's been asking me in my letters!"

"Your mum wants me to join you guys for Yule?"

His friend nodded furiously. "Yeah! I was going to ask you even if my mum didn't, though!"

Harry's throat swelled up; he couldn't breathe. He had to heave in a breath. "Are...are you sure?"

Why would anyone want him over to their house?

"Positive!"

"But w-why? Isn't it supposed to be a family thing?"

"Mhm? Well, Yuletide isn't just one day, it's not like Christmas. My parents have friends over all the time. The Winter Solstice is on the 21st, though. That's when we burn the Yule Log."