"Harry's a tough nut," the Bulstrode kid continued, "he won't be defeated so easily."

"Yeah? What makes you say that?"

The kid shrugged, "He's faced worst."

Somehow, Sirius had a feeling that the girl wasn't talking about Voldemort.

"What do you mean?"

Brows drawing close, Millicent eyed him up and down. "Let's just say this isn't the first giant reptile he's fighting."

"Excuse me?"

"You should ask Harry. Or perhaps Lupin, he should know."

With bubblegum pink hair, she smiled at him sweetly, but Sirius recognized Mischief when he saw her.

━━━

By the time Viktor Krum came out to fight his dragon, Remus could tell that Adhara had stopped breathing. He crouched next to her, talking to get her to calm down.

"He will be okay. I promise you that he will." That caught Adhara's attention. She looked at him, eyes big.

"There are about a dozen of trained Aurors all around, ready to intervene if need be." Remus pulled out his own wand from his jacket to show her and gestured toward Sirius, who was watching them both intently.

Adhara followed the movement, glancing at her uncle.

"And Sirius and I both have our wands. We won't hesitate to run straight into that field."

One thing Remus knows about Adhara for certain was that she knew how to school her expressions perfectly. It wasn't that she never let any emotions show: brows drawing in the tiniest of bits, the corner of her mouth twisting up slightly, or even when her eyes narrowed into a glare.

More often than not, however, her face would be completely neutral. And ironically, that was the perfect way of knowing when she was feeling anxious.

Her eyes empty, and her mouth and jaw fully relaxed. Her hands curled in, squeezing so tightly that Remus felt the need to reach out and unclench them himself. He hesitated for a moment, waiting to see if Adhara would pull back.

But the girl simply stared back, hollow eyes boring into his.

Remus took her hand into his, uncurling each finger one by one. He heard Adhara release a long, suffocating breath.

"We won't let anything happen to him."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

━━━━

"Accio firebolt!"

Adhara's breath caught in her chest, leaning further past the safety bar. She watched as the dragon spit fire towards her brother, the blood draining from her hands as she squeezed Lupin's hand tightly.

Finally, the firebolt appeared, gathering cheers from across the stands, Harry mounted his broom quickly, narrowly avoiding another spit of fire.

Adhara swallowed thickly as she watched her brother fly away from the danger. Her legs turned weak, and Adhara slowly sat down.

Millie was beside her in seconds. "It's going better than we thought, isn't it?"

But Adhara was too anxious to respond. She watched Harry struggle to figure out his next move, glancing toward the dragon who kept spitting fire.

The chain around its neck kept the animal from reaching the Champion. It kept trashing around the chain, obviously trying to get it off. When the creature realized its fire wouldn't reach the wizard, it started hissing instead.