chapter 20

Once they got back, Jungkook kept ignoring Taehyung's calls.

5 days passed. 

When Taehyung was closing up the studio Jungkook walked in. 

"You're late than I expected." Taehyung said, "but good timing. I have something for you." he opened one of his boxes.

"Tell me what's wrong." Jungkook said calmy, "There must be a reason why you're acting like this. Just talk to me and I'll listen."

Taehyung sighed, "There is no reason. I'm just tired of us."

"Don't lie to me!" Jungkook yelled. "You're not even good at lying, so just don't! please!"

Taehyung didn't respond. Didn't even look at Jungkook.

Jungkook continued, "If you think by yourself, make decisions by yourself, get scared and run away by yourself...do you think that'll make things any easier? I know that you can't handle these things!" he placed his hand on Taehyung's waist.

"I'm not lying." Taehyung removed Jungkook's hand from his body, "I'd been thinking about it for a long time."

"Hyung..please don't lie!"

"Fine! I liked you, I still like you! but I can't continue my relationship with you! you know I can't do anything serious!"

"hyung--"

Taehyung shoved a canvas at Jungkook.

"what's this?" Jungkook turned the canvas to look at the drawing.

"You drew me. It's good enough. I have nothing more to teach you. Take it and leave, don't come to the studio anymore."

"I don't want this, throw it away" Jungkook said with eyes full of tears. "Throw it away or keep it, I don't care."

-

The next day when Taehyung went to his home after a long day, he saw Jungkook waiting for him. 

"what are you doing here?"

"You told me not to come to the studio"

Taehyung sighed, "Go home, I have nothing to say to you" Taehyung opened his door and stepped in. 

Jungkook caught his hand, "please, I Just have one thing to ask you" 

He looked like a kicked puppy, how can Taehyung not let him in.

A few minutes later they were seated in Taehyung's couch, "how did you know my address?"

"I once saw it in your GPS"

"of course you did"

"Tell me one thing...why you're like this all of a sudden? "

"I told you. I can't handle being in a relationship with you."

"I might not know everything about your past relationships hyung. I did once think maybe letting you go was the right thing to do...because, I know you've had to expereience and endure so much pain..but hyung..I don't think I should give up, Just because you push me away!"

Even in a situation like this, Jungkook put Taehyung before himself and he couldn't handle it.

Taehyung let out a breath, "Haven't you ever thought maybe that's exactly why I've decided to end things! I feel trapped and I can't love a single person blindly and unconditionally like you can."

"Hyung..you are scared!"

"Stop it!" Taehyung yelled, "This isn't love! this is your obsession with your unrequited love!"

Jungkook rose from his seat and approached Taehyung, for a second Taehyung thought that the younger was going to hit him. 

Jungkook placed his hand on Taehyung's cheeks and pecked it softly, "Let me check one thing. Did you throw away my painting?"

"what?" Taehyung asked, startled.

"If you did throw it away...then I won't ever come see you again."

Taehyung blinked, his eyes became glossy.

Jungkook carassed his cheecks, "tell me...did you throw it away?"

"o-ofcourse I did. Do you even need to ask?" Tears streamed down Taehyung's face.

"Then why are you crying?" Jungkook wiped his eyes and hugged him.

Jungkook pulled away from the hug and kissed Taehyung.

"no--stop, not in my h-home" Not in the home he shared with eun-ha.

"This will be our last time."

"You know why we can't do it here"

"I know but this will be our last time"

Taehyung nodded and kissed him back, "promise?"

"Promise"

Jungkook kissed his neck, "Do you remember the first time we did it? I was so afraid that I'd fall asleep and wake up to find that it was all just a dream..." he moved lower, "I guess it's time for me wake up."

Even if it was his last time with Taehyung, he treated him gently and with utmost care...like he was fragile.

Taehyung cried immensely but blamed it on sex. He passed out after he came. 

Jungkook dressed him and tucked him in bed and softly carassed his neck, "Goodbye hyung."

--

--

--

"It's been a long time since I saw you Jungkook-ah!"

"Jimin. Do you remember the offer that I got?"

"To study in America? The one you declined?"

"Yes." Jungkook looked at him. "I'm thinking of taking it."

"Why all of a sudden!?"

He wanted to leave....To escape.